Demon Hunter Marauder Cluster Arrow Build
Welcome to our build guide for Marauder Cluster Arrow Demon Hunter in Diablo 3. Here, you will learn everything you need to know to play this build at the highest level. This build is updated for patch 2.6.4 and Season 16.General Information
For more information regarding followers, we advise you to read our follower guide, which contains detailed advice on choosing the skills and the gear of your companion.
Receiving several significant buffs over the lifetime of Patch 2.4, the Marauder set establishes itself as one of the strongest and safest endgame playstyles for Demon Hunters. This turret-reliant control playstyle is available in two high tier Greater Rift solo progression variations (mid and far range) and a regular Rift farming variation, explained in that order.
2. Video Guide
The following video guide was created to accompany the present written guide and demonstrate how to play the build in-game.
3. Quick Reference
3.1. Skill Setup
The basic skill setup of the Marauder Cluster Arrow Demon Hunter is displayed below. Read the dedicated Skills page for detailed information on choices, alternatives and build customization.
|Evasive Fire Hardened Cluster Arrow Cluster Bombs 1 Vengeance Seethe 2 Vault Tumble 3 Companion No rune chosen 4 Sentry Polar Station|
|Evasive Fire Focus Cluster Arrow Shooting Stars 1 Vengeance Seethe 2 Vault Tumble 3 Companion No rune chosen 4 Sentry Polar Station|
|Evasive Fire Focus Multishot Arsenal 1 Vengeance Seethe 2 Vault Tumble 3 Companion No rune chosen 4 Sentry Polar Station|
4.1. Gear Setup
The required gear setup for the Marauder Cluster Arrow Demon Hunter is listed below. Check the Gear page for detailed information on choices, alternatives, gemming, Kanai's Cube and Paragon distribution. It also includes detailed explanations for Season 16 adjustments.
- Helm: Marauder's Visage
- Shoulders: Marauder's Spines
- Gloves: Marauder's Gloves
- Chest: Marauder's Carapace (or Cindercoat in Season 16)
- Belt: Zoey's Secret
- Pants: Marauder's Encasement
- Boots: Marauder's Treads
- Bracers: Wraps of Clarity
- Amulet: Hellfire Amulet of Dexterity
- Ring 1: Focus
- Ring 2: Restraint
- Weapon: Manticore
- Offhand: Bombardier's Rucksack
4.2. Legendary Gems
- Legendary Gem 1: Bane of the Trapped
- Legendary Gem 2: Bane of the Stricken
- Legendary Gem 3: Esoteric Alteration
4.3. Kanai's Cube
5. Role in the Current Meta
This build is ranked as a High Tier solo pushing build for its class in the current Season. If high leaderboard position without strict adherence to the meta is attractive to you, consider using this build.
This build is oriented mostly at solo Rifting (Greater and Normal). Due to its mediocre mobility on long distances, it is not recommended for Bounties. It is also not recommended for group Greater Rifts past the point where every party member can handle the content on his own.
- 17 Jan. 2019 (gear page): Added suggestions for the baseline Ring of Royal Grandeur for Seasonal characters.
- 17 Jan. 2019 (skills page): Information was reviewed and approved for Season 16 with no changes required.
- 17 Jan. 2019 (this page): Guide was revised with additional recommendations for Season 16.
- 20 Sep. 2018 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 15.
- 14 Jun. 2018 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 14.
- 30 Oct. 2017 (this page): No significant revision needed for Patch 2.6.1.
- 01 Jul. 2017 (this page): Updated guide for 2.6 and moved it to the new format.
- Activision Blizzard Q4 2018 Earnings Call & Layoffs
- Activision Blizzard Layoffs to Be Announced Soon?
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #35
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #34
- Deadset's Guide Compendium for Season 16 / Patch 2.6.4
- Four New Collectible Blizzard Books Coming This Fall
- 2.6.4 Is Now Live + Patch Notes
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode 33
- Soul Harvest Witch Doctor (Patch 2.6.4)
- Necromancer Pestilence Set Dungeon
- Zunimassa and williken's fetish army
- WoL Monk (Patch 2.6.4)
- Why no Litany of the Undaunted Builds? (patch 2.6.4)
- Thorns Crusader (Patch 2.6.4)
- Above Paragon level 397 (when you have 50 Core points), is Movement Speed on boots always sub-optimal?
- Meteor Wizard (Patch 2.6.4)