Crusader Akkhan Condemn Build
Welcome to our build guide for Akkhan Condemn Crusader in Diablo 3. Here, you will learn everything you need to know to play this build at the highest level. This build is updated for patch 2.6.4 and Season 16.
For more information regarding followers, we advise you to read our follower guide, which contains detailed advice on choosing the skills and the gear of your companion.
Patch 2.6.1 has seen the return of Condemn to an even stronger form through the revision of the Akkhan set and the dedicated weapons. This build is the embodiment of the melee spellcaster fantasy, exerting powerful crowd control over monsters and decimating them in waves of holy destruction. Its in-combat mobility is among the best of the Crusader class, and is available in both Greater Rift solo progression and regular Rift farming variations, explained in that order.
2. Quick Reference
2.1. Skill Setup
The basic skill setup of the Akkhan Condemn Crusader is displayed below. Read the dedicated Skills page for detailed information on choices, alternatives and build customization.
|Slash Guard Iron Skin Steel Skin 1 Laws of Valor Unstoppable Force 2 Condemn Vacuum 3 Provoke Too Scared to Run 4 Akarat's Champion Prophet|
|Justice Sword of Justice Steed Charge Endurance 1 Laws of Hope Wings of Angels 2 Condemn Vacuum 3 Iron Skin Flash 4 Akarat's Champion Embodiment of Power|
3.1. Gear Setup
The required gear setup for the Akkhan Condemn Crusader is listed below. Check the Gear page for detailed information on choices, alternatives, gemming, Kanai's Cube and Paragon distribution. It also includes detailed explanations for Season 16 adjustments.
- Helm: Helm of Akkhan
- Shoulders: Pauldrons of Akkhan
- Gloves: Gauntlets of Akkhan
- Chest: Breastplate of Akkhan
- Belt: String of Ears
- Pants: Cuisses of Akkhan (or Hexing Pants of Mr. Yan in Season 16)
- Boots: Illusory Boots
- Bracers: Strongarm Bracers
- Amulet: Talisman of Akkhan
- Ring 1: Focus
- Ring 2: Restraint
- Weapon: The Furnace
- Offhand: Frydehr's Wrath
3.2. Legendary Gems
- Legendary Gem 1: Bane of the Trapped
- Legendary Gem 2: Esoteric Alteration
- Legendary Gem 3: Bane of the Stricken
3.3. Kanai's Cube
4. Role in the Current Meta
This is a versatile build, able to handle all three major activities in the game (Greater Rifts, Normal Rifts and Bounties) with the adjustments outlined in this guide. It is not recommended for group Greater Rifts past the point where every party member can handle the content on their own.
- 27 Jan. 2019 (this page): Revised Kanai's Cube recommendations for high end pushing.
- 27 Jan. 2019 (speed farming variant page): Revised the speed farming variant to an improved setup.
- 27 Jan. 2019 (gear page): Revised Kanai's Cube recommendations for high end pushing.
- 17 Jan. 2019 (gear page): Added suggestions for the baseline Ring of Royal Grandeur for Seasonal characters.
- 17 Jan. 2019 (this page): Guide was revised with additional recommendations for Season 16.
- 17 Jan. 2019 (skills page): Information was reviewed and approved for Season 16 with no changes required.
- 20 Sep. 2018 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 15.
- 14 Jun. 2018 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 14.
- 26 Nov. 2017 (this page): Slight revision to the itemization of the build.
- 26 Nov. 2017 (gear page): Revised gearing and cube recommendations to be more consistent in Rift Guardian fights.
- 31 Oct. 2017 (skills page): Made Holy Cause the fourth passive and Indestructible a variant for that slot (was previously the other way around).
- 31 Oct. 2017 (speed farming variant page): Updated variant to adapt to the changes in the rest of the guide.
- 31 Oct. 2017 (this page): Revised the guide according to the 2.6.1 buffs to the Akkhan set and its dedicated weapons.
- 31 Oct. 2017 (gear page): Made a number of wording changes following the Akkhan set buffs of Patch 2.6.1. Esoteric Alteration replaces Taeguk and Convention of Elements is now recommended for the Jewelry slot of the Kanai's Cube in place of Unity.
- 02 Jul. 2017 (this page): Updated for 2.6 and moved to new guide format.
- HotA Barbarian (Patch 2.6.4)
- Archon Wizard (Patch 2.6.4)
- Rend Barbarian (Patch 2.6.4)
- Some ideas to make a Rapid Fire build viable
- New'ish Build: Blood God Build
- Seismic Slam Barbarian (Patch 2.6.4)
- LoN Singularity Necromancer (Patch 2.6.4)
- Leapquake Barbarian (Patch 2.6.4)