Demon Hunter Shadow Impale Build
Welcome to our build guide for Shadow Impale Demon Hunter in Diablo 3. Here, you will learn everything you need to know to play this build at the highest level. This build is updated for patch 2.6.5 and Season 17.
For more information regarding followers, we advise you to read our follower guide, which contains detailed advice on choosing the skills and the gear of your companion.
The Shadows Mantle set offers several viable playstyles revolving around the themes of high mobility and assassination. This Impale variant places and even greater emphasis on singling out and bursting down priority targets, an elite hunting playstyle that is available in Greater Rift solo and group progression variants, as well as a regular Rift farming variation, explained in that order.
2. Quick Reference
2.1. Skill Setup
The basic skill setup of the Shadow Impale Demon Hunter is displayed below. Read the dedicated Skills page for detailed information on choices, alternatives and build customization.
|Impale Overpenetration Companion Wolf Companion 1 Vengeance Dark Heart 2 Fan of Knives Bladed Armor 3 Vault Rattling Roll 4 Shadow Power Gloom|
|Impale Grievous Wounds Companion Wolf Companion 1 Vengeance Dark Heart 2 Marked for Death Valley of Death 3 Vault Tumble 4 Shadow Power Gloom|
|Impale Ricochet Companion Wolf Companion 1 Vengeance Dark Heart 2 Smoke Screen Vanishing Powder 3 Vault Rattling Roll 4 Shadow Power Gloom|
3.1. Gear Setup
The required gear setup for the Shadow Impale Demon Hunter is listed below. Check the Gear page for detailed information on choices, alternatives, gemming, Kanai's Cube and Paragon distribution.
- Helm: The Shadow's Mask
- Shoulders: The Shadow's Burden
- Gloves: The Shadow's Grasp
- Chest: The Shadow's Bane
- Belt: Chain of Shadows
- Pants: The Shadow's Coil
- Boots: The Shadow's Heels
- Bracers: Strongarm Bracers
- Amulet: The Traveler's Pledge
- Ring 1: The Compass Rose
- Ring 2: Convention of Elements
- Weapon: Karlei's Point
- Offhand: Holy Point Shot
3.2. Legendary Gems
- Legendary Gem 1: Bane of the Trapped
- Legendary Gem 2: Gogok of Swiftness
- Legendary Gem 3: Pain Enhancer
3.3. Kanai's Cube
- 16 May 2019 (skills page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 17.
- 16 May 2019 (gear page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 17.
- 16 May 2019 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 17.
- 17 Jan. 2019 (skills page): Updated for Season 16.
- 17 Jan. 2019 (this page): Guide was revised with additional recommendations for Season 16.
- 17 Jan. 2019 (gear page): Added suggestions for the baseline Ring of Royal Grandeur for Seasonal characters.
- 20 Sep. 2018 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 15.
- 14 Jun. 2018 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 14.
- 30 Oct. 2017 (this page): Slight wording changes to reflect small tooltip changes in Patch 2.6.1.
- 01 Jul. 2017 (this page): Updated guide for 2.6 and moved it to the new format.
- Area damage
- LoN HotA Barbarian (Patch 2.6.5)
- Rolled Primal Ancient Sacred Harvester
- Generator Monk (Patch 2.6.4)
- Leapquake Barbarian (Patch 2.6.4)
- Sentry Demon Hunter (Patch 2.6.4)
- UE Multishot Demon Hunter (Patch 2.6.4)
- LoN Blessed Shield Crusader (Patch 2.6.5)