Tempest Rush Monk Speed Farming Variation
On this page, we explain everything that is specific to the Speed Farming variant of Tempest Rush Monk. Updated for patch 2.6.1 and Season 16.
1. Normal Rift Speed Farming Variation
The Tempest Rush Monk can deal reasonably well with Normal Rift farming all the way through the highest Torment difficulties. The build variation suffers from minor inconveniences compared to top tier speed farming builds (conflicting bracers, inability to include the Sage set), but otherwise handles the task with ease.
Within the limited scope of regular difficulties, the necessary damage and toughness to triumph over the enemy is significantly smaller. Thus, your best course of action is to improve utility and speed.
2. Adapting Skills
|Tempest Rush Electric Field Dashing Strike Way of the Falling Star 1 Mantra of Conviction Annihilation 2 Sweeping Wind Inner Storm 3 Mystic Ally Air Ally 4 Epiphany Ascendance|
In the skill selection, you will accomplish that by:
- Changing the Tempest Rush rune from the stacking mechanics of Flurry (too slow for the purposes of speedfarm) for the increased AoE of the Electric Field rune.
- Replacing Blinding Flash for the Monk's teleportation skill, Dashing Strike. Coupled with the speed buffing Way of the Falling Star rune, this ability is an indispensable tool for overall mobility.
- The lost hard CC from Blinding Flash (necessary to trigger Cesar's Memento) is made up for by replacing the Desert Shroud rune on Epiphany with the regular stuns of Ascendance.
- Replacing the unncessarily defensive Mantra of Salvation with the extra movespeed of Mantra of Conviction Annihilation.
- In your passives, you can replace defensive choices like Harmony and The Guardian's Path with the extra damage of Momentum and Seize the Initiative.
3. Adapting Gear
Both the extra toughness form Unity and the timed damage increase of Convention of Elements greatly diminish in usefulness during Normal Rift farming. That progresion-oriented jewelry will be better replaced by a split between a Lightning damage Stone of Jordan (for the permanent damage increase) and an Avarice Band (for the synergy with Goldwrap and Boon of the Hoarder).
As far as weaponry is concerned, damage-boosting choices like Sun Keeper will be redundant in comparison to the cooldown resets coming from In-geom. The latter will provide you with near-infinite Dashing Strikes as long as you keep killing Elites with reasonable speed.
4. Adapting Gemming
In speed runs, Elite and Rift Guardian fights take significantly less time; thus, the value of Bane of the Stricken diminishes and it is best replaced by the channeling build staple Taeguk. If you choose to run an Avarice Band plus Goldwrap setup, you should complete the gold utility triumvirate with Boon of the Hoarder.
|Torso and Pants||
5. Adapting Kanai's Cube
- 23 Mar. 2018: Added the guide.
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode 37
- Season 17 Pushed Back to May + All Season Durations
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode 36
- Activision Blizzard Q4 2018 Earnings Call & Layoffs
- Activision Blizzard Layoffs to Be Announced Soon?
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #35
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #34
- Deadset's Guide Compendium for Season 16 / Patch 2.6.4
- Condemn Crusader (Patch 2.6.4)
- Rathma Mages Necromancer (Patch 2.6.4)
- WoL Monk (Patch 2.6.4)
- Is Corpse Lance the most powerful build we have for Necromancer?
- Gem/DB/$ builds for T13
- Barbarian Might of the Earth Set Dungeon
- Blessed Hammer Crusader (Patch 2.6.4)
- PS4 players