Inna Exploding Palm Monk Speed Farming Variation
On this page, we explain everything that is specific to the Speed Farming variant of Inna Exploding Palm Monk. Updated for patch 2.6.8 and Season 20.
The Inna Mystic Ally Monk deals with regular Rift farming decently all the way through the highest Torments, making it a viable build for the task. We have speed farming rankings if you want to know more about which builds are best for speed farming.
Within the limited scope of regular difficulties, the necessary damage and toughness to triumph over the enemy is significantly smaller. Thus, your best course of action is to improve utility and speed.
|Way of the Hundred Fists Assimilation Dashing Strike Radiance 1 Mantra of Conviction Annihilation 2 Cyclone Strike Implosion 3 Breath of Heaven Zephyr 4 Mystic Ally No rune chosen|
In the skill selection, you will accomplish that by:
- The Torment speedfarming variation replaces Exploding Palm (or Inner Sanctuary, depending on your progression build of choice) with Breath of Heaven Zephyr for its significant movement speed bonuses.
- High progression defensive cooldowns like Serenity (or Epiphany) should be replaced with Mantra of Conviction, to take advantage of the party-wide 30% movement speed bonus from the Annihilation rune.
During speedfarm it is recommended to swap away from the Endless Walk set, as it promotes a static fighting style unfit for Torments; use the more offensive Focus and Restraint combo instead, ideally paired with The Flavor of Time for the extended duration of Pylon pickups.
To help you with farming the gear you need for your builds, we have two very useful guides that you can access by clicking the links below: a Salvage Guide to help you quickly check whether or not you can safely salvage a piece of gear and a Legendary Farming Guide to help you efficiently farm legendaries and set items.
In regular Rift farming, damage-oriented gems that scale with density ( Pain Enhancer) will prove too slow and inefficient to be worth the socket. In their place, use the farming staple Boon of the Hoarder for its synergy with the cubed Goldwrap and Avarice Band.
|Torso and Pants||
Adapting Kanai's Cube
When doing speed farm content, change the weapon Cube slot to In-geom, taking advantage of the shorter fights for a massive boost to your Mystic Ally burst uptime.
Your jewelry Cube slot will be taken by Avarice Band: an Act III cache legendary ring, whose unique property extends your pickup radius up to 30 yards for a generous 10-second period. Triggered, maximized and constantly refreshed from the endless stream of Boon of the Hoarder gold, the ring and the gem will keep you sped up throughout the rift.
- 12 Mar. 2020: No changes necessary for Season 20.
- 21 Nov. 2019: Reviewed for Season 19.
- 23 Aug. 2019: Flavor of Time is now the recommended amulet.
- The Best WarCraft Meme(s) of All Time
- Challenge Rift 145 Guides
- Blizzard Sending Out Classic Burning Crusade Character Creation Surveys
- Diablo Community Manager Nevalistis Leaves Blizzard
- Challenge Rift 144 Guides
- Blizzard Provides Staff with Care Packages During Lockdown
- Rod Ferguson's Diablo 4 Tweets, Art Director Images
- Challenge Rift 143 Guides
- PoJ Tempest Rush Monk
- Immortal King's Call Set
- Rend Barbarian (Patch 2.6.4)
- Mundunugu Spirit Barrage Witch Doctor
- Zoltun Kulle Journey trouble
- Holy Shotgun Crusader (Patch 2.6.4)
- Years of War Conquest
- Typhon Hydra Wizard