Inna Exploding Palm Monk Speed Farming Variation
The Inna Mystic Ally Monk deals with regular Rift farming decently all the way through the highest Torments, making it a viable build for the task. We have speed farming rankings if you want to know more about which builds are best for speed farming.
Within the limited scope of regular difficulties, the necessary damage and toughness to triumph over the enemy is significantly smaller. Thus, your best course of action is to improve utility and speed.
|Way of the Hundred Fists Assimilation Dashing Strike Radiance 1 Mantra of Conviction Annihilation 2 Cyclone Strike Implosion 3 Breath of Heaven Zephyr 4 Mystic Ally No rune chosen|
In the skill selection, you will accomplish that by:
- The Torment speedfarming variation replaces Exploding Palm (or Inner Sanctuary, depending on your progression build of choice) with Breath of Heaven Zephyr for its significant movement speed bonuses.
- High progression defensive cooldowns like Serenity (or Epiphany) should be replaced with Mantra of Conviction, to take advantage of the party-wide 30% movement speed bonus from the Annihilation rune.
During speedfarm it is recommended to swap away from the Endless Walk set, as it promotes a static fighting style unfit for Torments; use the more offensive Focus and Restraint combo instead, ideally paired with Squirt's Necklace for the additional damage multiplier.
To help you with farming the gear you need for your builds, we have two very useful guides that you can access by clicking the links below: a Salvage Guide to help you quickly check whether or not you can safely salvage a piece of gear and a Legendary Farming Guide to help you efficiently farm legendaries and set items.
In regular Rift farming, damage-oriented gems that scale with density ( Pain Enhancer) will prove too slow and inefficient to be worth the socket. In their place, use the farming staple Boon of the Hoarder for its synergy with the cubed Goldwrap and Avarice Band.
|Torso and Pants||
For more information about gems, please refer to our guide on gems.
Adapting Kanai's Cube
When doing speed farm content, change the weapon Cube slot to In-geom, taking advantage of the shorter fights for a massive boost to your Mystic Ally burst uptime.
Your jewelry Cube slot will be taken by Avarice Band: an Act III cache legendary ring, whose unique property extends your pickup radius up to 30 yards for a generous 10-second period. Triggered, maximized and constantly refreshed from the endless stream of Boon of the Hoarder gold, the ring and the gem will keep you sped up throughout the rift.
The Kanai's Cube can be used for much more than simply extracting Legendary powers from items. Please refer to our Kanai's Cube guide for more information.
The recommended follower for this build during standard rift farming for keys is the Enchantress due to her numerous utility bonuses, allowing you to smooth out your speed runs even further.
For more information regarding followers, we advise you to read our Follower Guide, which contains detailed advice for choosing the skills and the gear of your follower.
- 01 Apr. 2021: Minor gear revision and added follower recommendation.
- 16 Nov. 2020: Added S22 Cube recommendation.
- 01 Jul. 2020: No changes required for Season 21.
- 12 Mar. 2020: No changes necessary for Season 20.
- 21 Nov. 2019: Reviewed for Season 19.
- 23 Aug. 2019: Flavor of Time is now the recommended amulet.
- Blizzard Files a Trademark Dispute With a Cartoon Dog... Named Diablo
- Wizard Mirror Image Hotfix: April 26th
- Diablo Immortal Closed Alpha Starts Soon
- New Leadership for Overwatch After Jeff Kaplan Leaves Blizzard
- David Kim Leaves Blizzard (WoW Principal Designer and Former Diablo 4 Lead Systems Designer)
- All Class Skill Videos for Diablo 2: Resurrected
- All Class Skills for Amazon, Barbarian and Sorceress in Action in Diablo 2: Ressurected
- First Dupes Found on Diablo 2: Resurrected Alpha