Invoker Thorns Crusader Speed Farming Variation
On this page, we explain everything that is specific to the Speed Farming variant of Invoker Thorns Crusader. Updated for patch 2.6.6 and Season 18.
The Invoker Thorns Crusader deals with regular Rift farming decently all the way through the highest Torments, making it a viable build for the task.
Within the limited scope of regular difficulties, the necessary damage and toughness to triumph over the enemy is significantly smaller. Thus, your best course of action is to improve utility and speed.
|Punish Celerity Steed Charge Endurance 1 Laws of Hope Wings of Angels 2 Iron Skin Reflective Skin 3 Condemn Vacuum 4 Akarat's Champion Prophet|
When speedfarming, the additional durability of Laws of Justice or extra attack speed of Laws of Valor will be overkill, so you can safely swap this slot out for the movement speed buffs of Laws of Hope Wings of Angels.
The progression-oriented Endless Walk set should be dropped from your jewelry during farming, since the speed of normal Rifts will ruin the uptime of the set's damage bonus. In their stead, use a Physical/Thorns Stone of Jordan for the consistent boost to your damage, and (ideally) a Hellfire Amulet of Strength with a helpful fifth passive like Lord Commander.
When doing speedruns, health values will be a significantly smaller barrier, diminishing the value of Bane of the Stricken; you would do well to replace it with Boon of the Hoarder. The latter is a high utility gem that feeds you practically infinite gold, gives you a massive short-term speed boost while picking it up, and synergizes excellently with a worn Goldwrap and cubed Avarice Band for practical invincibility of your character.
|Torso and Pants||
Adapting Kanai's Cube
In regular Rift farming, the pace at which you kill elites facilitates the use of the most potent source of cooldown reduction in your weapon Cube slot — In-geom. As long as you fuel its power by regularly bursting down elites, it will practically ensure permanent uptime of all of your important cooldowns.
- 22 Aug. 2019: Reviewed for Season 18.
- 17 May 2019: Minor fixes to skill recommendations; guide approved for Season 17.
- 31 Oct. 2017: Adapted the speedfarming variant to the 2.6.1 changes.
- PTR Patch 2.6.7 Notes - Season of Eternal Conflict (S19)
- Challenge Rift 120 Guides
- Gamespot Interview with J. Allen Brack
- Legacy of Dreams Gem Drop Chance Increased in Season 19
- Challenge Rift 119 Guides
- Diablo 3 Classified as a Blizzard Classic Game
- Challenge Rift 117 Guides
- Challenge Rift 116 Guides
- Necromancer lazy Pestilence possible?
- Boss Mode Conquest
- RoRG Not Dropping
- Fever Clan recruiting for Season
- Necromancer Leveling and Fresh 70
- Archon Wizard (Patch 2.6.4)
- Vyr's archon build (top tier) hopefuly a possible upgrade ?
- Staff of Herding / Whimsyshire