Meteor Wizard Speed Farming Variation
On this page, we explain everything that is specific to the Speed Farming variant of Meteor Wizard. Updated for patch 2.6.4 and Season 16.
1. Normal Rift Speed Farming Variation
While slightly worse at progression, the Tal Rasha Meteor Wizard can deal excellently with Normal Rift farming all the way through the highest Torment difficulties.
Within the limited scope of regular difficulties, the necessary damage and toughness to triumph over the enemy is significantly smaller. Thus, your best course of action is to improve utility and speed.
2. Adapting Skills
|Energy Twister Mistral Breeze Teleport Calamity 1 Meteor Thunder Crash 2 Explosive Blast Chain Reaction 3 Familiar Arcanot 4 Storm Armor Power of the Storm|
- Changing the slower, channeled and overly protective Arcane Torrent from the progression spec to the character-centric, zero aiming Fire proc of Explosive Blast Chain Reaction.
- Familiar will be kept in the build, but should be swapped from the Fire-based Sparkflint to the Arcane Power regeneration of Arcanot, allowing for generous manual Meteor spam in speedruns.
- The higher damage, but slower impact Meteor Shower rune of Meteor should be swapped to the immediate descent of the Thunder Crash rune. It will also conveniently fulfill the Lightning Tal proc.
- In order to get the Cold proc of Tal Rasha, you will also need to fit a Cold element skill into the build. A good candidate is Energy Twister Mistral Breeze, whose synergy with the worn Ranslor's Folly will group large amounts of monsters right underneath your Meteors.
- Last but not least, remember to set your Teleport rune to the Arcane damage proc of Calamity.
- Passives-wise, get extra Arcane Power from Astral Presence, and consider adding Unstable Anomaly for an extra layer of protection during careless speedfarming.
3. Adapting Gear
Due to Tal Rasha being a 7-piece set, you can adapt the Meteor build to include the Death's Breath farming Sage set. In order to do this, you will include 2 of the 3 pieces of the Sage's Journey set — Sage's Apogee and Sage's Purchase — and cube a Ring of Royal Grandeur. Note that you will need to wear the Tal Rasha's Unwavering Glare that you skip in the progression setup.
The progression-oriented Endless Walk set and Convention of Elements should be dropped from your jewelry during farming, since the Rift's clear speed makes their conditional buffs too slow to attain. In their stead, use a lightning damage Stone of Jordan for the consistent boost to your Thunder Crashes, and wear the Halo of Karini for its massive protection bonuses.
Lastly, use Aether Walker as your weapon to ensure limitless mobility during farming. The loss of Deathwish is inconsequential, since you drop the channeling aspect of the progression build altogether.
4. Adapting Gemming
Since in farming you will be dropping channeling altogether, Taeguk is best replaced by a gem that empowers you when fighting large groups of monsters, affected by your skills in large quantities. Pain Enhancer fits the bill perfectly with the massive bleed it inflicts, plus the subsequent attack speed bonuses.
|Torso and Pants||
5. Adapting Kanai's Cube
Lastly, in order to maintain the valuable 6-piece bonus of Firebird and 3-piece bonus of the Sage set, you will need to cube a Ring of Royal Grandeur in the jewelry slot.
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #38
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode 37
- Season 17 Pushed Back to May + All Season Durations
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode 36
- Activision Blizzard Q4 2018 Earnings Call & Layoffs
- Activision Blizzard Layoffs to Be Announced Soon?
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #35
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #34
- Firebats Witch Doctor (Patch 2.6.4)
- Soul Harvest Witch Doctor (Patch 2.6.4)
- Sentry Demon Hunter (Patch 2.6.4)
- Why no Litany of the Undaunted Builds? (patch 2.6.4)
- LoN Star Pact Wizard (Patch 2.6.4)
- Twister Wizard (Patch 2.6.4)
- Whirlwind Barbarian (Patch 2.6.4)
- Rathma Mages Necromancer (Patch 2.6.4)