Shield Bash Crusader Speed Farming Variation
On this page, we explain everything that is specific to the Speed Farming variant of Shield Bash Crusader. Updated for patch 2.6.4 and Season 16.
1. Normal Rift Speed Farming Variation
The Shield Bash can deal reasonably well with Normal Rift farming all the way through the highest Torment difficulties. The build variation suffers from minor inconveniences compared to top tier speed farming builds (conditional AoE, slightly clunkier mechanics), but otherwise handles the task with ease.
Within the limited scope of regular difficulties, the necessary damage and toughness to triumph over the enemy is significantly smaller. Thus, your best course of action is to improve utility and speed.
2. Adapting Skills
|Justice Sword of Justice Shield Bash Pound 1 Laws of Hope Wings of Angels 2 Steed Charge Endurance 3 Shield Glare Zealous Glare 4 Akarat's Champion Prophet|
In the skill selection, you will accomplish that by:
- Replacing the damage buffing Punish Fury generator with the increase of speed coming from Justice Sword of Justice.
- Dropping the GR progression-oriented Laws of Justice for the speedfarming staple Laws of Hope Wings of Angels, and the overly defensive Iron Skin for the long-distance movement tool Steed Charge Endurance.
- Optionally replacing the redundant toughness of the Prophet rune on Akarat's Champion for the additional Wrath restoration of Embodiment of Power.
- In your passives, dropping the redundant health restoration of Wrathful for the Wings of Angels effect extension of Long Arm of the Law.
3. Adapting Gear
Most of the gearing choices can be kept intact, but a speedfarming version of this build would benefit a lot from synergy with the plentiful gold drops in regular Rifts. This means the inclusion of Goldwrap over The Witching Hour in your belt slot, Avarice Band over Unity in your jewelry Cube slot, and Boon of the Hoarder over Esoteric Alteration in your legendary gems. Of course, Bane of the Stricken's stacking mechanics are absolutely unnecessary for low difficulty content and the gem should give way to Bane of the Powerful.
4. Adapting Gemming
|Torso and Pants||
5. Adapting Kanai's Cube
Your Cube choices during normal rift farming will vastly differ from those for Greater Rift progress, focusing heavily on utility and speed. In-geom should occupy the weapon slot, as its cooldown resets will come very handy and will happen with great frequency due to the fast elite kills in low difficulties. To keep the synergy going, you will also be using Nemesis Bracers in the armor cube slot for the extra elite spawns. Finally, Avarice Band will work in conjunction with the gemmed Boon of the Hoarder and the worn Goldwrap to form the gold triumvirate of speed, toughness and riches during fast farming sessions.
- 22 Mar. 2018: Added the guide.
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #38
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode 37
- Season 17 Pushed Back to May + All Season Durations
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode 36
- Activision Blizzard Q4 2018 Earnings Call & Layoffs
- Activision Blizzard Layoffs to Be Announced Soon?
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #35
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #34
- Firebats Witch Doctor (Patch 2.6.4)
- Soul Harvest Witch Doctor (Patch 2.6.4)
- Sentry Demon Hunter (Patch 2.6.4)
- Why no Litany of the Undaunted Builds? (patch 2.6.4)
- LoN Star Pact Wizard (Patch 2.6.4)
- Twister Wizard (Patch 2.6.4)
- Whirlwind Barbarian (Patch 2.6.4)
- Rathma Mages Necromancer (Patch 2.6.4)