Shield Bash Crusader Speed Farming Variation
On this page, we explain everything that is specific to the Speed Farming variant of Shield Bash Crusader. Updated for patch 2.6.6 and Season 18.
Normal Rift Speed Farming Variation
The Shield Bash can deal reasonably well with Normal Rift farming all the way through the highest Torment difficulties. The build variation suffers from minor inconveniences compared to top tier speed farming builds (conditional AoE, slightly clunkier mechanics), but otherwise handles the task with ease.
Within the limited scope of regular difficulties, the necessary damage and toughness to triumph over the enemy is significantly smaller. Thus, your best course of action is to improve utility and speed.
|Justice Sword of Justice Shield Bash Pound 1 Laws of Hope Wings of Angels 2 Steed Charge Endurance 3 Shield Glare Zealous Glare 4 Akarat's Champion Prophet|
In the skill selection, you will accomplish that by:
- Replacing the damage buffing Punish Fury generator with the increase of speed coming from Justice Sword of Justice.
- Dropping the GR progression-oriented Laws of Justice for the speedfarming staple Laws of Hope Wings of Angels, and the overly defensive Iron Skin for the long-distance movement tool Steed Charge Endurance.
- Optionally replacing the redundant toughness of the Prophet rune on Akarat's Champion for the additional Wrath restoration of Embodiment of Power.
- In your passives, dropping the redundant health restoration of Wrathful for the Wings of Angels effect extension of Long Arm of the Law.
Most of the gearing choices can be kept intact, but a speedfarming version of this build would benefit a lot from synergy with the plentiful gold drops in regular Rifts. This means the inclusion of Goldwrap over The Witching Hour in your belt slot, Avarice Band over Unity in your jewelry Cube slot, and Boon of the Hoarder over Esoteric Alteration in your legendary gems. Of course, Bane of the Stricken's stacking mechanics are absolutely unnecessary for low difficulty content and the gem should give way to Bane of the Powerful.
|Torso and Pants||
Adapting Kanai's Cube
Your Cube choices during normal rift farming will vastly differ from those for Greater Rift progress, focusing heavily on utility and speed. In-geom should occupy the weapon slot, as its cooldown resets will come very handy and will happen with great frequency due to the fast elite kills in low difficulties. To keep the synergy going, you will also be using Nemesis Bracers in the armor cube slot for the extra elite spawns. Finally, Avarice Band will work in conjunction with the gemmed Boon of the Hoarder and the worn Goldwrap to form the gold triumvirate of speed, toughness and riches during fast farming sessions.
- 22 Aug. 2019: Item recommendations revised for Season 18.
- 15 May 2019: Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 17.
- 22 Mar. 2018: Added the guide.
- List of Patch 2.6.7 Issues
- Balance Patch to Come Before Season 19 Start
- Official Season 19 Start Date: November 22nd + Season of Eternal Conflict Patch Notes
- Season 19 Almost Certainly Starting Next Friday, November 22nd
- Clarification on Season 19 Not Coming This Week
- A Letter from the Diablo 4 Game Director
- Patch 2.6.7 and Season 19 Patch Notes + S19 Not Starting on Friday
- Spell Combos, Ultimates, No Word on Monetization and More: The Big Diablo Immortal Interview
- Build Suggestion - Holy Shotgun with Valor set
- Gargantuan Witch Doctor (Patch 2.6.4)
- GRID is Recruiting All player For All Seasons
- Fever Clan recruiting for Season
- Monk Uliana's Stratagem Set Dungeon
- LoN Solo Skeletons Necromancer (Patch 2.6.4)
- Diablo 3 Crusader
- Looking for a Clan? Come to TAW!!!