Wizard DMO Arcane Orbit Build
Welcome to our build guide for DMO Arcane Orbit Wizard in Diablo 3. Here, you will learn everything you need to know to play this build at the highest level. This build is updated for patch 2.6.6 and Season 18.
For more information regarding followers, we advise you to read our follower guide, which contains detailed advice on choosing the skills and the gear of your companion.
Delsere's Magnum Opus (DMO) set focuses heavily on Slow Time, and the Arcane Orbit melee spellcaster capitalizes well on this area-based playstyle. This bursty, control-heavy spec is available in both Greater Rift solo progression and regular Rift farming variations, explained in that order.
The following video guide was created to accompany the present written guide and demonstrate how to play the build in-game.
The basic skill setup of the DMO Arcane Orbit Wizard is displayed below. Read the dedicated Skills page for detailed information on choices, alternatives and build customization.
|Spectral Blade Barrier Blades Teleport Safe Passage 1 Arcane Orb Arcane Orbit 2 Slow Time Exhaustion 3 Explosive Blast Chain Reaction 4 Ice Armor Crystallize|
|Spectral Blade Flame Blades Teleport Safe Passage 1 Diamond Skin Prism 2 Slow Time Exhaustion 3 Explosive Blast Chain Reaction 4 Storm Armor Scramble|
The required gear setup for the DMO Arcane Orbit Wizard is listed below. Check the Gear page for detailed information on choices, alternatives, gemming, Kanai's Cube and Paragon distribution.
- Helm: Shrouded Mask
- Shoulders: Dashing Pauldrons of Despair
- Gloves: Fierce Gauntlets
- Chest: Harness of Truth
- Belt: The Shame of Delsere
- Pants: Leg Guards of Mystery
- Boots: Striders of Destiny
- Bracers: Ancient Parthan Defenders
- Amulet: The Traveler's Pledge
- Ring 1: The Compass Rose
- Ring 2: Convention of Elements
- Weapon: Unstable Scepter
- Offhand: Triumvirate
- Legendary Gem 1: Bane of the Trapped
- Legendary Gem 2: Esoteric Alteration
- Legendary Gem 3: Bane of the Stricken
- 23 Aug. 2019 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 18.
- 23 Aug. 2019 (gear page): Reviewed and approved for Season 18.
- 23 Aug. 2019 (skills page): Reviewed and approved for Season 18.
- 23 Aug. 2019 (speed farming variant page): Reviewed and approved for Season 18.
- 17 May 2019 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 17.
- 17 May 2019 (gear page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 17.
- 17 May 2019 (skills page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 17.
- 18 Jan. 2019 (skills page): Information was reviewed and approved for Season 16 with no changes required.
- 18 Jan. 2019 (gear page): Added suggestions for the baseline Ring of Royal Grandeur for Seasonal characters.
- 18 Jan. 2019 (this page): Guide was revised with additional recommendations for Season 16.
- 20 Sep. 2018 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 15.
- 14 Jun. 2018 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 14.
- 27 Oct. 2017 (gear page): A few wording changes. Build remains unchanged for Patch 2.6.1.
- 27 Jun. 2017 (this page): Guide updated for 2.6 and moved to new format.
- PTR Patch 2.6.7 Notes - Season of Eternal Conflict (S19)
- Challenge Rift 120 Guides
- Gamespot Interview with J. Allen Brack
- Legacy of Dreams Gem Drop Chance Increased in Season 19
- Challenge Rift 119 Guides
- Diablo 3 Classified as a Blizzard Classic Game
- Challenge Rift 117 Guides
- Challenge Rift 116 Guides
- Necromancer lazy Pestilence possible?
- Boss Mode Conquest
- RoRG Not Dropping
- Fever Clan recruiting for Season
- Necromancer Leveling and Fresh 70
- Archon Wizard (Patch 2.6.4)
- Vyr's archon build (top tier) hopefuly a possible upgrade ?
- Staff of Herding / Whimsyshire