Demon Hunter Shadow Impale Build
Welcome to our build guide for Shadow Impale Demon Hunter in Diablo 3. Here, you will learn everything you need to know to play this build at the highest level. This build is updated for patch 2.6.4 and Season 16.
For more information regarding followers, we advise you to read our follower guide, which contains detailed advice on choosing the skills and the gear of your companion.
The Shadows Mantle set offers several viable playstyles revolving around the themes of high mobility and assassination. This Impale variant places and even greater emphasis on singling out and bursting down priority targets, an elite hunting playstyle that is available in Greater Rift solo and group progression variants, as well as a regular Rift farming variation, explained in that order.
2. Quick Reference
2.1. Skill Setup
The basic skill setup of the Shadow Impale Demon Hunter is displayed below. Read the dedicated Skills page for detailed information on choices, alternatives and build customization.
|Impale Overpenetration Companion Wolf Companion 1 Vengeance Dark Heart 2 Fan of Knives Bladed Armor 3 Vault Rattling Roll 4 Shadow Power Gloom|
|Impale Grievous Wounds Companion Wolf Companion 1 Vengeance Dark Heart 2 Marked for Death Valley of Death 3 Vault Tumble 4 Shadow Power Gloom|
|Impale Ricochet Companion Wolf Companion 1 Vengeance Dark Heart 2 Smoke Screen Vanishing Powder 3 Vault Rattling Roll 4 Shadow Power Gloom|
3.1. Gear Setup
The required gear setup for the Shadow Impale Demon Hunter is listed below. Check the Gear page for detailed information on choices, alternatives, gemming, Kanai's Cube and Paragon distribution. It also includes detailed explanations for Season 16 adjustments.
- Helm: The Shadow's Mask
- Shoulders: The Shadow's Burden
- Gloves: The Shadow's Grasp (or Frostburn in Season 16)
- Chest: The Shadow's Bane
- Belt: Chain of Shadows
- Pants: The Shadow's Coil
- Boots: The Shadow's Heels
- Bracers: Strongarm Bracers
- Amulet: The Traveler's Pledge
- Ring 1: The Compass Rose
- Ring 2: Convention of Elements
- Weapon: Karlei's Point
- Offhand: Holy Point Shot
3.2. Legendary Gems
- Legendary Gem 1: Bane of the Trapped
- Legendary Gem 2: Gogok of Swiftness
- Legendary Gem 3: Pain Enhancer
3.3. Kanai's Cube
4. Role in the Current Meta
This build is ranked as a High Tier solo pushing build for its class in the current Season. If high leaderboard position without strict adherence to the meta is attractive to you, consider using this build.
This is a versatile build, able to handle all three major activities in the game (Greater Rifts, Normal Rifts and Bounties) with the adjustments outlined in this guide. It is not recommended for group Greater Rifts past the point where every party member can handle the content on his own.
- 17 Jan. 2019 (gear page): Added suggestions for the baseline Ring of Royal Grandeur for Seasonal characters.
- 17 Jan. 2019 (skills page): Updated for Season 16.
- 17 Jan. 2019 (this page): Guide was revised with additional recommendations for Season 16.
- 20 Sep. 2018 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 15.
- 14 Jun. 2018 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 14.
- 30 Oct. 2017 (this page): Slight wording changes to reflect small tooltip changes in Patch 2.6.1.
- 01 Jul. 2017 (this page): Updated guide for 2.6 and moved it to the new format.
- LoN Singularity Necromancer (Patch 2.6.4)
- Leapquake Barbarian (Patch 2.6.4)
- Whirlwind Barbarian (Patch 2.6.4)
- Sweep Attack Crusader (Patch 2.6.4)
- Archon Wizard (Patch 2.6.4)
- s17 LoN builds
- Salvage Guide
- Trag'Oul Nec Builds