Demon Hunter Gems
Table of Contents
- 1. Gems at Maximum LevelGems
- +2. Gems While Leveling
In this guide, we will show you which are the best gems you can get as a Demon Hunter, both at Level 70 or while leveling.
1. Gems at Maximum LevelGems
|Torso, Pants, and Jewelry|
|Weapon||Flawless Royal Emerald|
After obtaining legendary gems from Greater Rifts, you should start using them on your jewelry items, instead of normal gems.
2. Gems While Leveling
While leveling, you should gem differently than at level 70. This is due to a number of reasons, which we detail below.
2.1. Weapon: Ruby (Damage) > Emerald (Damage) > Amethyst (Healing)
Your weapon is your main source of damage scaling and getting a socket often is beneficial and an increase to your Damage output. Since you are likely to have a rather low Critical Hit Chance while leveling, Ruby usually is the superior choice, even when using a Two-Handed Weapon (One-Handed Weapons scale much better with +Damage gems, because of Attack Speed).
The Life on Hit provided by Amethyst gems is rarely needed while leveling, and you are better off sustaining yourself with skills and passives.
2.2. Helm: Ruby (Experience) > Amethyst (Toughness)
Ruby gems increase your experience and thus increase your leveling efficiency, so they should be your gem of choice here. Amethyst gems can be a great alternative choice, if you are struggling with Toughness. That said, when leveling, you are likely to gain more benefit from having Vitality on an additional item slot, rather than using an Amethyst for additional Life in your Helm.
2.3. Other: Emerald (Damage) > Diamond (Toughness) > Amethyst (Toughness)
Since sockets take up an item affix, you will likely benefit more from raw stats than sockets when the amount of affixes is limited. This means that you should only consider items with sockets if they already have Dexterity and Vitality, Armor, or All Resistance (if concerned about Toughness). This applies even for a Torso item with 3 sockets available. That said, if you have high level gems (Marquise and higher), you prioritize items with sockets.
- Icy Veins Podcast: Episode #2
- Local Currency Update Coming to Blizzard Battle.net in Canada, Japan & New Zealand
- Patch 2.6.1 Official Patch Notes
- First Look: Patch 2.6.1
- BlizzCon 2017: All In-Game Rewards
- Last Patch 2.6.1 PTR Build (Oct 12)
- Season 12 Starts November 9th!
- Introducing Icy Veins Podcast
- HotA Barbarian
- Whirlwind Bul-Kathos Barbarian
- Natalya Rain of Vengeance Demon Hunter
- Jade Harvester Witch Doctor
- Inna Exploding Palm Monk
- (Seasonal Softcore/Hardcore) Fever “Fever Clan” is recruiting for Season 11
- Need Some Help
- Links to gear on Diablo III site are broken