SWK LTK Monk Speed Farming Variation
On this page, we explain everything that is specific to the Speed Farming variant of SWK LTK Monk. Updated for patch 2.6.4 and Season 16.
1. Speed Farming
The Sunwuko LTK Monk deals with regular Rift farming decently all the way through the highest Torments, making it a viable build for the task.
Within the limited scope of regular difficulties, the necessary damage and toughness to triumph over the enemy is significantly smaller. Thus, your best course of action is to improve utility and speed.
2. Adapting Skills
|Lashing Tail Kick Sweeping Armada Dashing Strike Way of the Falling Star 1 Epiphany Desert Shroud 2 Sweeping Wind Inner Storm 3 Blinding Flash Faith in the Light 4 Mantra of Conviction Annihilation|
For speedfarming purposes, an alteration can be made as early as the main spender — swapping your Lashing Tail Kick rune from the progression oriented, DoT-based Vulture Claw Kick to the wide, comfortable AoE of Sweeping Armada .
Other good alterations include:
- Exchanging the Way of the Hundred Fists generator for Blinding Flash, in order to get some extra burst from the Faith in the Light rune (and recuperate the Spirit generation loss with cubed The Laws of Seph).
- Replacing the survivability of Mantra of Salvation Agility for Mantra of Conviction. Its base additive damage increase is welcome, but negligible compared to the movement speed utility of the Annihilation rune — which also affects the entire party, reinforcing its value when grouping up.
- On Dashing Strike, swapping the survivability of Blinding Speed for more utility from Way of the Falling Star.
- Last but not least, you can consider dropping Near Death Experience from your passives for content-appropriate options like Fleet Footed (additional speed) or Relentless Assault (additional burst) when farming normal rifts.
3. Adapting Gear
During normal rift farming, the protection of Unity will not be necessary and its slot is best taken by Avarice Band. The latter is a cache legendary from Act III bounties that offers considerable utility in the form of pickup radius, synergizing perfectly with a gemmed Boon of the Hoarder. You can complete the synergy by equipping a Goldwrap, providing you with practically infinite toughness as long as you pick up gold.
You should also trade the excessive protection of Spirit Guards for Nemesis Bracers, whose elite spawning property will both shorten the time to the Guardian fight and provide a consistent stream of In-geom procs.
4. Adapting Kanai's Cube
During speedruns, In-geom shines over your other options by cutting 10 seconds off all your cooldowns after killing an elite, essentially nullifying resource and mobility concerns for a generous 15-second period — usually enough to keep the procs going.
The Laws of Seph spirit stone adds a Spirit restoration angle to your Blinding Flash usage, balancing out the lack of a generator while allowing you to reap the benefits of the Faith in the Light damage buff.
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode 36
- Activision Blizzard Q4 2018 Earnings Call & Layoffs
- Activision Blizzard Layoffs to Be Announced Soon?
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #35
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #34
- Deadset's Guide Compendium for Season 16 / Patch 2.6.4
- Four New Collectible Blizzard Books Coming This Fall
- 2.6.4 Is Now Live + Patch Notes
- Why no Litany of the Undaunted Builds? (patch 2.6.4)
- Thorns Crusader (Patch 2.6.4)
- Support Necromancer (Patch 2.6.4)
- Frozen Orb Wizard (Patch 2.6.4)
- WoL Monk (Patch 2.6.4)
- Twister Wizard (Patch 2.6.4)
- Generator Monk (Patch 2.6.4)
- Necromancer Leveling and Fresh 70