Akkhan Bombardment Crusader Solo Progression Variation
On this page, we explain everything that is specific to the Solo Progression variant of Akkhan Bombardment Crusader. Updated for patch 2.6.4 and Season 16.
1. Greater Rift Progression
The Akkhan Bombardment Crusader is decently successful at Greater Rift solo progression, and you can easily complete an entire Seasonal Journey with it. It is less powerful than its Legacy of Nightmares counterpart, but it is far easier to gear for, especially in Seasons where Akkhan is the Haedrig's Gift.
2. Adapting Skills
|Bombardment Barrels of Spikes Steed Charge Spiked Barding 1 Consecration Bed of Nails 2 Condemn Vacuum 3 Iron Skin Reflective Skin 4 Akarat's Champion Prophet|
Synchronizing buffs is significantly less important in regular Rift farming, but if you choose to push this build in Greater Rifts, you will need to follow the rotation of Convention of Elements closely to sync your Bombardments and Iron Skin usage with the physical cycle.
3. Adapting Gear
In the Greater Rift progression setup, you will remove the Sage set pieces and the Talisman of Akkhan in favor of Aquila Cuirass and Hellfire Amulet of Strength respectively. The former will provide much needed and consistent damage reduction to this no-spender setup. The amulet will allow you to add another strong GR progression passive to your setup, i.e. whichever is missing between Finery and Indestructible.
4. Adapting Gemming
|Torso and Pants|
5. Adapting Kanai's Cube
In Greater Rifts, the armor Cube slot is interchangeable between Leoric's Crown and Aquila Cuirass depending on your better rolled item. Leoric's Crown is the default recommendation to cube, because finding a usable Aquila Cuirass to wear is trivial for a build that does not spend Wrath.
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #38
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode 37
- Season 17 Pushed Back to May + All Season Durations
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode 36
- Activision Blizzard Q4 2018 Earnings Call & Layoffs
- Activision Blizzard Layoffs to Be Announced Soon?
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #35
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #34
- LoN Star Pact Wizard (Patch 2.6.4)
- Whirlwind Barbarian (Patch 2.6.4)
- Condemn Crusader (Patch 2.6.4)
- Rathma Mages Necromancer (Patch 2.6.4)
- WoL Monk (Patch 2.6.4)
- Is Corpse Lance the most powerful build we have for Necromancer?
- Gem/DB/$ builds for T13
- Barbarian Might of the Earth Set Dungeon