Venim Iceblade Boss Guide for Book of Heroes (Uther)
Venim Iceblade is the sixth boss in the Uther Lightbringer chapter of the Book of Heroes Solo Adventure. In this guide, you will learn strategy tips and tricks to help you defeat the boss.
Venim Iceblade uses a deck themed around skeletons and Freeze effects, notably featuring many special Naxxramas cards like Skeletal Smith and Pure Cold in addition to the Death and Decay Death Knight spell. The boss also has access to the Infection Hero Power that is automatically cast at the start of each of its turns if you have a minion on board.
For this fight, you will be given a Libram Paladin deck full of Librams and their discounts from Lordaeron Attendant and Radiant Lightspawn. Additionally, you will have special Jaina Proudmoore and Prince Arthas cards in your deck, and the Equip Lightbringer Rank 2 Hero Power.
In your opening hand, you should look for cards with useful long-term benefits like Lordaeron Attendant and Libram of Wisdom.
Due to the boss's Hero Power, you should avoid playing single minion in the early game as they will simply be lost to Infection. Once you reach Turn 3, you should use Equip Lightbringer Rank 2 to ensure you always have a weapon equipped for the rest of the game and use it to start controlling the board. From this position, you should focus on putting multiple minions on the board per turn or none at all. Once you are able to continually flood the board with the aid of Air Raid and Stand Against Darkness, you should be able to easily overwhelm the boss to close out the game.
Next Boss: Mal'Ganis
- 06 Jan. 2021: Guide added.
- End-of-Year Blizzard Update
- US Federal Trade Commission Files Suit to Block Microsoft Acquisition of Activision Blizzard
- Join Us Live on Twitch for the Icy Veins Podcast
- US Federal Trade Commission "Likely to File Antitrust Lawsuit" to Block Microsoft Acquisition of Activision Blizzard
- Hearthstone March of the Lich King Shaman Card Reveal Recap: November 20th
- Blizzard in China: All the Details, Rumors and New Information
- Hearthstone March of the Lich King Warrior Card Reveal Recap: November 19th
- NetEase Message to Chinese Blizzard Game Players