King Varian Boss Guide for Book of Heroes (Anduin)
King Varian is the first boss in the Anduin Wrynn chapter of the Book of Heroes Solo Adventure. In this guide, you will learn strategy tips and tricks to help you defeat the boss.
King Varian uses a Rush Warrior deck, consisting of various Rush minions, weapons, and Armor-gain cards like Armor Vendor and Sword and Board. The boss will also use the Scold Hero Power during the fight.
In this encounter, you will be given an Alliance-themed deck, consisting of various basic cards with Alliance artwork in addition to the weapons, Sword of Justice, Training Sword, and Fearbreaker. You will also have the Uncertain Destiny Hero Power for the duration of the fight.
In your mulligan you should look for low-cost cards like Intrepid Initiate and Lowly Squire in addition to the Training Sword weapon.
As the boss runs no board clear tools, you should aim to flood the board as quickly as possible to overwhelm it. Additionally, fitting your Uncertain Destiny into as many turns as possible will give you a huge advantage going forward. In particular, you should look for copies of Eviscerate that can be used to both control the board and burst down the boss.
Next Boss: Jaina Proudmoore
- 04 Feb. 2021: Guide added.
- End-of-Year Blizzard Update
- US Federal Trade Commission Files Suit to Block Microsoft Acquisition of Activision Blizzard
- Join Us Live on Twitch for the Icy Veins Podcast
- US Federal Trade Commission "Likely to File Antitrust Lawsuit" to Block Microsoft Acquisition of Activision Blizzard
- Hearthstone March of the Lich King Shaman Card Reveal Recap: November 20th
- Blizzard in China: All the Details, Rumors and New Information
- Hearthstone March of the Lich King Warrior Card Reveal Recap: November 19th
- NetEase Message to Chinese Blizzard Game Players