High Cultist Dawnshatter Guide with Cheap Decks for Galakrond's Awakening
High Cultist Dawnshatter is the second boss in the League of Explorers campaign in the Clash of Wyrmrest, the second chapter of Galakrond's Awakening. In this guide, you will learn how to defeat High Cultist Dawnshatter in both Normal and Heroic modes.
|Health||30||30 (+30 Armor)|
|Hero Power||Dragonbone Ritual||Dragonbone Ritual|
Strategy and Deck Building
High Cultist Dawnshatter uses a deck that consists almost entirely of Dragons, supplemented by a few Dragon-based spells. The Dragonbone Ritual Hero Power offers the boss a lot of value on both Normal and Heroic mode and can make it difficult to secure the board. However, if you are able to do so, the boss uses no AoE cards and can only retain control of the board through single-target removal.
On Normal Mode, you will be a slave to your passive Dragonblood Hero Power. You should look to secure the board quickly with multiple cheap minions. This will allow you to get more value from your Hero Power than the boss does when your dragons die. Once in control of the board, you should try to outvalue the boss by making sure you have as many minions on board as possible when your Dragons die, while also making sure the boss has as few as possible.
In Heroic Mode, the Hero Power of the boss generates huge value, especially when paired with the ramp and card draw of Breath of Dreams and Candle Breath. However, the boss has a distinct lack of hard removal and relies on finite sources of damage like Nether Breath and Molten Breath to control the board. This makes the boss especially vulnerable to large minions if you are able to rush them out.
Cheap decks for Heroic Mode
Cheap High Priestess Dawnshatter Priest
- 28 Jan. 2020: Guide added.
- BlizzCon 2023 in Coming on Nov 3-4
- Icy Veins is Getting a New Look
- Activision Blizzard Announces First Quarter 2023 Financial Results
- BlizzCon 2023 Update by Blizzard President Mike Ybarra
- A Misunderstanding May Have Been the Cause of Activision Blizzard Games Not Being Available in China
- End-of-Year Blizzard Update
- US Federal Trade Commission Files Suit to Block Microsoft Acquisition of Activision Blizzard
- Join Us Live on Twitch for the Icy Veins Podcast