Kael'thas Sunstrider Challenge Boss Guide for Trial by Felfire
Kael'thas Sunstrider is the eighth boss in the of the Trial by Felfire challenge. In this guide, you will learn strategy tips and tricks to help you defeat the boss.
Kael'thas Sunstrider starts with 60 Health and 2 Mana Crystals. It uses a fairly typical Spell Mage deck including powerful cards like Pyroblasts directly at your face for 20 damage and will play a Pyroblast on most turns thereafter.and . The boss's Hero Power will also trigger every time he plays a spell. Once the boss reaches 10 Mana, it will quite consistently use 2
Due the large amount of burn damage from the boss, having access to large amounts of healing or Armor is essential. Additionally, your deck must also have a win condition present as the boss will never reach fatigue damage due to.
For the first 6 turns of the encounter, you can be quite passive. The boss uses a deck that is largely full of removal spells, so playing any minions will only help it out. Once the boss reaches 10 Mana, it will nearly always use double Pyroblast on your face. This means that on Turn 7, when the boss has 9 Mana, you can freely setup minions on the board for the following turn. Additionally, you should also have a way to overcome the impending 20 damage, either by having large amounts of Armor or by having lots of healing ready to use. If you can successfully survive the two Pyroblasts, the boss will begin using its Pyroblasts to clear the board. From this position, you simply need to maintain enough Health to not die from Pyroblasts and enough of board to not be cleared by a Pyroblast. Once in this position, it should be easy to close out the game as the mass Pyroblasts prevent the boss from drawning more meaningful cards.
Cheap decks to defeat Kael'thas Sunstrider
Next Boss: Illidan Stormrage
- 27 Jun. 2020: Guide added.
- Big Blizzard Store Holiday Sale: D2R, Character Services, Shadowlands, Pets, Mounts and More
- Icy Veins Black Friday Giveaway Ends Today!
- Icy Veins Black Friday Giveaway!
- Activision Blizzard Announces Formation of a Workplace Responsibility Committee
- The Reason Behind Jen Oneal's Departure, Bobby Kotick's Knowledge of Previous Sexual Misconduct Allegations: A Wall Street Journal Report
- Better Working Conditions for ABK Contract Workers
- A Message from Blizzard Co-Lead Jen Oneal
- Diablo 4 and Overwatch 2 Delayed: Activision Blizzard Q3 2021 Financial Earnings Call