Kael'thas Sunstrider Challenge Boss Guide for Trial by Felfire
Kael'thas Sunstrider is the eighth boss in the of the Trial by Felfire challenge. In this guide, you will learn strategy tips and tricks to help you defeat the boss.
Kael'thas Sunstrider starts with 60 Health and 2 Mana Crystals. It uses a fairly typical Spell Mage deck including powerful cards likeand . The boss's Hero Power will also trigger every time he plays a spell. Once the boss reaches 10 Mana, it will quite consistently use 2 s directly at your face for 20 damage and will play a Pyroblast on most turns thereafter.
Due the large amount of burn damage from the boss, having access to large amounts of healing or Armor is essential. Additionally, your deck must also have a win condition present as the boss will never reach fatigue damage due to.
For the first 6 turns of the encounter, you can be quite passive. The boss uses a deck that is largely full of removal spells, so playing any minions will only help it out. Once the boss reaches 10 Mana, it will nearly always use doubleon your face. This means that on Turn 7, when the boss has 9 Mana, you can freely setup minions on the board for the following turn. Additionally, you should also have a way to overcome the impending 20 damage, either by having large amounts of Armor or by having lots of healing ready to use. If you can successfully survive the two Pyroblasts, the boss will begin using its Pyroblasts to clear the board. From this position, you simply need to maintain enough Health to not die from Pyroblasts and enough of board to not be cleared by a Pyroblast. Once in this position, it should be easy to close out the game as the mass Pyroblasts prevent the boss from drawning more meaningful cards.
Cheap decks to defeat Kael'thas Sunstrider
Next Boss: Illidan Stormrage
- 27 Jun. 2020: Guide added.
- Timeline of Blizzard Presidents
- Johanna Faires Appointed Blizzard Entertainment President
- Will Microsoft Outsource Customer Support to External Companies?
- Blizzard Survival Game, Codenamed Odyssey, Was Cancelled Due to Engine Problems
- Microsoft Lays Off 1,900 Activision Blizzard and Xbox Employees
- Blizzard Celebrates the End of 2023 and Looks Ahead to 2024
- Microsoft Announced Xbox Leadership Changes Amid Bobby Kotick's Departure
- Microsoft Gaming CEO Phil Spencer Enthusiastic About Reviving Blizzard Franchises