Dr. Boom Guide with Cheap Decks for Galakrond's Awakening
Dr. Boom is the first boss in the League of Explorers campaign in the Battle of the Frozen Coast, the first chapter of Galakrond's Awakening. In this guide, you will learn how to defeat Dr. Boom in both Normal and Heroic modes.
|Health||30||30 (+30 Armor)|
|Hero Power||SUMMON THE BOTS!
||SUMMON THE BOTS!|
Strategy and Deck Building
Dr. Boom uses a Mech-themed deck to fight for the board, but is heavily reliant on his SUMMON THE BOTS! Hero Power, which gives him a constant supply of special over-statted Mechs. To account for this, you should try to have a plan to close out the game, and not rely on out-valuing the boss.
In Normal Mode, the boss has very few ways to immediately interact with the board, with the exception of Ramming Speed. This makes controlling the board and using any excess damage to grind down the boss a fairly effective strategy. In the late game, you should take note of The Boomship and The Boom Reaver as high-tempo cards, but aside from these examples, the boss will perform relatively low-tempo turns.
In Heroic Mode, the boss will start with 30 Armor, making Platebreaker an effective minion to use before you start dealing damage. You should be particularly aware of Bombs, which can result in strategies using large amount of card draw being a Deathwish. The boss will also make use of a large number of Magnetic minions, which means you will need to keep the board clear of Mechs to prevent them from being effective. Silence effects and Sap are a great way to neutralise Magnetic minions, with Freezing Trap being a great way to proactively target minions before they are even Magnetised.
Cheap decks for Heroic Mode
- 22 Jan. 2020: Guide added.
- Diablo Animated Series to Be Rendered in Anime Style
- Hearthstone 16.2.4 Update Coming Tomorrow
- Blizzard President J. Allen Brack on Warcraft III Reforged Launch
- Activision Blizzard Q4 2019 Earnings Call: Diablo Immortal Testing in Mid-2020, WoW Sub Growth
- Hearthstone 16.2.3 Update Notes
- New Head of the Diablo Franchise Is Rod Ferguson of Gears of War
- Last Chance to Buy the 2019 Virtual Ticket
- Blizzard Offering Automated Warcraft III Reforged Refunds
- Dragon Hunter
- Embiggen Druid
- Aggro Dragon Hunter Deck - Galakrond's Awakening February 2020 - Pepe's Rank 5 Legend
- Highlander Hunter Deck - Galakrond's Awakening February 2020 - Misplay's Top 10 Legend
- Aggro Dragon Hunter Deck - Galakrond's Awakening February 2020 - Orange's Top 10 Legend
- Need help with "Charon's Top 200 Legend Token Druid Deck - Galakrond's Awakening January 2020"
- Chenvaala Priest Deck
- Battlegrounds Card Tier List