Magtheridon Prime Boss Guide for Trial by Felfire
Magtheridon Prime is the fourth boss in the third chapter of the Trial by Felfire Solo Adventure. In this guide, you will learn strategy tips and tricks to help you defeat the boss.
Ths boss uses a deck comprised mostly of Warlock cards that deal self-damage or have synergie with self-damage, such as Rain of Fire, Wrathguard, and Diseased Vulture. In addition to self-damage effects the boss also has access to multiple cards that generate Armor, such as Shield Block and Kargath Bladefist. Lastly, the boss uses the passive From My Oil Comes Rust Hero Power to utilise its self-damage effects.
In this encounter your deck will contain a good mix of Demons and Demon Hunter minions to help populate the board. Additionally, you will be given most of Demon Hunter's AoE spells like Blade Dance, Chaos Nova, and Immolation Aura. After your mulligan you will also have Shalja, Demon Hunter, Karnuk, Demon Hunter, and Sklibb, Demon Hunter added to your deck.
In your mulligan, the most important card to look for is Immolation Aura to help deal with Rusted Fel Orcs. If you already have Immolation Aura, you can also keep any early-game cards to help populate the board.
Magtheridon Prime is a very difficult boss, largely due to the power of its From My Oil Comes Rust Hero Power. With this in mind, you should try to hold on to Immolation Aura for emergency situations if the boss summons too many Rusted Fel Orcs. However, for the most part you should try to be as proactive as possible by playing as many minions onto the board as you can, making the most efficient trades possible and getting extra value from your Outcast effects, taking extra care to kill Wrathguards as soon as possible to prevent the boss from summoning additional Rusted Fel Orcs on their turn.
Due to the potency of the boss's Hero Power and the speed in which it can flood the board, under no circumstances should you try to rush down the boss.
Next Boss: Gok'amok
- 19 Jun. 2020: Guide added.
- End-of-Year Blizzard Update
- US Federal Trade Commission Files Suit to Block Microsoft Acquisition of Activision Blizzard
- Join Us Live on Twitch for the Icy Veins Podcast
- US Federal Trade Commission "Likely to File Antitrust Lawsuit" to Block Microsoft Acquisition of Activision Blizzard
- Hearthstone March of the Lich King Shaman Card Reveal Recap: November 20th
- Blizzard in China: All the Details, Rumors and New Information
- Hearthstone March of the Lich King Warrior Card Reveal Recap: November 19th
- NetEase Message to Chinese Blizzard Game Players