Priest Crafting Guide
Table of Contents
- +1. Class-Specific Cards
- +2. Neutral Cards
- +3. Gold Allocation Guide
- 4. Changelog
On this page, you will find a list of the most useful Common, Rare, Epic, and Legendary cards for the Priest class, in terms of crafting. We separate cards by their rarity; Common, Rare, Epic and Legendary, but each individual card is given a rating of priority. It is important to know that a Rare or Epic card that is given a "High" or "Top" priority rating should be crafted before a Legendary with a "Medium" rating. In fact, if you have 1,600 Arcane Dust to spend, crafting 2 or 3 Epics and a handful of Rares is usually better than spending it all on a single Legendary. If a card is not mentioned, you can safely assume that it is rarely, or never, used in the Constructed meta.
You will also find a guide on how to best allocate your gold or money between the various Card packs and Adventures. This can vary greatly from class to class and has a great effect on how quickly and efficiently you can build a competitive deck.
In this section, we list the class-specific cards that are important for you as a Priest.
- Seance - Priority = HIGH: Seance is a unique card that provides an additional method of accessing powerful Priest minions. It is commonly used to duplicate Legendary minions or Grave Horrors for a huge tempo boost.
- Divine Hymn - Priority = MEDIUM: Divine Hymn provides a good mix of healing for your board and Hero. Its functionality makes it often interchangeable with Circle of Healing. However, it is usually more favourable due to the additional healing for your Hero.
- Dead Ringer - Priority = MEDIUM: Dead Ringer is a great way to cycle through your deck. It is comparable to but more consistent than due to specifically targeting other Deathrattle minions.
- Circle of Healing - Priority = LOW: Circle of Healing is a key synergy card in Priest. It combines with multiple cards in many Priest decks to create beneficial effects, including Northshire Cleric, , and Auchenai Soulpriest.
- - Priority = LOW: EVIL Conscripter is a strong early-game minion that helps overcome the lack of strong turn 2 plays for various Priest decks.
- Circle of Healing. Although its negative Deathrattle effect can be turned into a positive one when combined with other common Priest cards like Auchenai Soulpriest. - Priority = LOW: Hench-Clan Shadequill is a high-Health mid-game minion that is a perfect target for strong healing effects like
- Mass Hysteria - Priority = TOP: Mass Hysteria is Priest's Primary board clear that is used in almost every Priest deck.
- Auchenai Soulpriest - Priority = LOW: Auchenai Soulpriest is a very strong Priest card and can be included in most decks due to its high power level. Having this card in your deck is extremely powerful when combined with cards like Circle of Healing.
- Grave Horror - Priority = LOW: Grave Horror is a minion that offers a large amount of tempo if its cost can be reduced. While the card is extremely powerful, it requires decks specifically built around it in order to function.
There are currently no Priest Epics regularly used in high-level Priest decks.
- - Priority = LOW: Madam Lazul is a powerful Legendary minion that generates a card while also providing information of your opponent's hand. While the card is strong in almost any Priest deck, it is a luxury rather than an essential card.
In this section, we list neutral cards that are always good to craft if you are playing Priest. Note that many of these cards will be usable in a wide range of decks across multiple classes. This means that crafting these cards over class specific ones is often a good idea if you plan to play a range of classes.
- Acolyte of Pain - Priority = MEDIUM: Acolyte of Pain is a great tool to aggressively cycle cards for Combo Priest decks. It has great synergy with Wild Pyromancer.
- Dead Ringer and is often played alongside it. - Priority = LOW: Loot Hoarder is a cheap card draw tool used across many Priest decks. It has great synergy with
- Wild Pyromancer - Priority = MEDIUM: Wild Pyromancer is a crucial card in Priest. When used in combination with Power Word: Shield, it can create devastating board clears for your opponent.
There are currently no Neutral Epics regularly used in high-level Priest decks.
- - Priority = LOW: Chef Nomi is a core card in Miracle Priest decks, which are primarily built around the card. However, it offers no value in any other Priest decks.
- - Priority = LOW: Archivist Elysiana is a powerful card for Control decks that provides additional resources before hitting fatigue damage.
Gold Allocation Guide
The Witchwood expansion provided very little new tools for Priest. The only real commonly used card added was Divine Hymn, which can be crafted very cheaply, allowing you to spend your gold elsewhere.
The Boomsday Project provided a few strong cards for Deathrattle decks, such as Dead Ringer and Reckless Experimenter in addition to Mecha'thun to create a new Mecha'thun Priest archetype. As the most useful card for Priest is a single Legendary, Mecha'thun, it is better to craft the card and invest your Gold into other card packs.
The Rastakhan's Rumble expansion added core Priest control tools like Mass Hysteria in addition to spell synergy cards like Seance and Grave Horror. Additionally, the expansion provided some niche cards like Bwonsamdi, the Dead and Spirit of the Dead to provide a way to cheat out powerful minions.
The main addition for Priest from the Rise of Shadow expansion was multiple cheap spells in addition toto enable to Miracle Priest archetype. It also added a few Resurrect cards like and , however, these cards are not enough to support the Resurrect Priest archetype alone.
It is best to open a mix of Rastakhan's Rumble and Classic packs to maximise chances of opening the most influential Priest cards.
- 01 May 2019: Updated for the Rise of Shadows expansion.
- 13 Sep. 2018: Updated for The Boomsday Project expansion.
- 31 May 2018: Updated for the Witchwood expansion.
- 02 Jan. 2018: Updated for the Kobolds and Catacombs expansion.
- 02 May 2017: Updated for the Journey to Un'Goro expansion.
- 21 Feb. 2017: Updated to reflect the changes in MSG meta.
- 02 Sep. 2015: Updated to include Blackrock Mountain and The Grand Tournament cards.
- 21 Feb. 2015: Complete overhaul in format, and update for the Goblins vs. Gnomes meta.
- 08 Sep. 2014: Removed Tinkmaster Overspark.
- Activision Blizzard Has Fired 20 Employees Over Harassment Claims and More
- Blizzard Working on an Unannounced Open-World RPG Shooter
- Global Battle.net Maintenance: October 6th
- Activision Blizzard Reaches Agreement with the EEOC
- In Celebration Of Diablo 2: Resurrected, We're Discounting Our Premium Subscription
- Overwatch 2 Executive Departs from Activision Blizzard
- The SEC Launches Activision Blizzard Investigation
- Launching Log Reviews for WoW PvE & Diablo 3 Character Reviews
- Hearthstone Mercenaries
- Lady Vashj
- Face Hunter
- Basic Mage Deck
- The Lich King
- Handbuff Paladin Deck - United in Stormwind
- Hearthstone Chess
- Illidan Stormrage Challenge