Priest Crafting Guide
Table of Contents
- +1. Class-Specific Cards
- +2. Neutral Cards
- +3. Gold Allocation Guide
- 4. ChangeLog
On this page, you will find a list of the most useful Common, Rare, Epic, and Legendary cards for the Priest class, in terms of crafting. We separate cards by their rarity; Common, Rare, Epic and Legendary, but each individual card is given a rating of priority. It is important to know that a Rare or Epic card that is given a "High" or "Top" priority rating should be crafted before a Legendary with a "Medium" rating. In fact, if you have 1,600 Arcane Dust to spend, crafting 2 or 3 Epics and a handful of Rares is usually better than spending it all on a single Legendary. If a card is not mentioned, you can safely assume that it is rarely, or never, used in the Constructed meta.
You will also find a guide on how to best allocate your gold or money between the various Card packs and Adventures. This can vary greatly from class to class and has a great effect on how quickly and efficiently you can build a competitive deck.
1. Class-Specific Cards
In this section, we list the class-specific cards that are important for you as a Priest.
- Radiant Elemental - Priority = MEDIUM: Radiant Elemental is a key card in Spell Priest decks, opening up the potential for powerful combos when combined with Shadow Visions or Lyra the Sunshard.
- Kabal Talonpriest - Priority = MEDIUM: Kabal Talonpriest is a very strong card offering premium stats for its Mana cost and has the potential to provide exceptional value if you have a minion in play to provide with a +3 Health buff.
- Circle of Healing - Priority = LOW: Circle of Healing is a key synergy card in Priest. It combines with multiple cards in many Priest decks to create beneficial effects, including Northshire Cleric, Injured Blademaster, and Auchenai Soulpriest.
- Spirit Lash - Priority = LOW: Spirit Lash is a cheap AoE spell that can also can also provide a large amount of healing when used on a wide board. It gains huge value with used in combination with Spell Damage or Prophet Velen.
- Auchenai Soulpriest - Priority = MEDIUM: Auchenai Soulpriest is a very strong Priest card and can be included in most decks due to its high power level. Having this card in your deck is extremely powerful when combined with cards like Circle of Healing.
- Drakonid Operative - Priority = MEDIUM: Drakonid Operative is a key component of Dragon Priest decks, proving both exceptional stats and value.
- Duskbreaker - Priority = MEDIUM: Duskbreaker is a key card for Dragon Priest decks, providing a cheap but powerful AoE effect while developing a 3/3 minion in the process.
- Shifting Shade - Priority = LOW: Shifting Shade provides a reasonable minion for Priest decks while not losing card advantage. It gains additional value when played with N'Zoth, the Corruptor, which is a viable option in Priest decks.
- Crystalline Oracle - Priority = LOW: Crystalline Oracle is a cheap early-game minion that can be used in most Priest decks, as it does not sacrifice card advantage. It gains additional value when played with N'Zoth, the Corruptor, which is a viable option in Priest decks.
- Shadow Essence - Priority = LOW: Shadow Essence can is a very powerful card in decks that do not use any cheap minions, it is an essential card for playing Big Priest decks.
- Eternal Servitude - Priority = LOW: Eternal Servitude is a very powerful card if it is able to resurrect powerful minions. It is an essential card for Big Priest decks.
- Psychic Scream - Priority = HIGH: Psychic Scream is an extremely powerful board clear that is able to bypass effects such a Divine Shield or Deathrattle.
- Dragonfire Potion - Priority = MEDIUM: Dragonfire Potion is a powerful AoE Spell that is a core card in Dragon Priest and a strong choice in Control Priest decks.
- Shadow Visions - Priority = MEDIUM: Shadow Visions is card that appears weak on the surface, however it has huge potential in Spell Priest decks when combined with Radiant Elemental and Lyra the Sunshard or when played in Combo Priest decks to help consistently draw crucial spells.
- Obsidian Statue - Priority = LOW: Obsidian is a very powerful minion that is incredibly awkward for opponents to remove. It is an essential card for playing Big Priest decks.
- Cabal Shadow Priest - Priority = LOW: Cabal Shadow Priest is an extremely high value minion that is sometimes underestimated by newer players. Even on an average outcome of stealing a 2/2, you have put 13 points of stats into play and effectively dealt 2 damage by removing the 2/2, all for 6 Mana.
- Lyra the Sunshard - Priority = MEDIUM: Lyra the Sunshard is an extremely powerful card that is crucial in Spell Priest decks. It has the potential for very powerful combos when combined with cards like Radiant Elemental and Shadow Visions.
- Shadowreaper Anduin - Priority = MEDIUM: Shadowreaper Anduin is a key part of the win condition for Highlander Priest decks when used in combination with Raza the Chained. It can also be used as a defensive tool in slower Priest deck due to the removal effect and Armor provided by the card.
- Kazakus - Priority = LOW: Kazakus is an essential card for Reno decks, providing massive value for its Mana cost. However, due to the no duplicate restriction of the card effect, it does not see play in any other Priest deck.
- Raza the Chained - Priority = LOW: Raza is an excellent card for Reno Priest, providing massive value over a long period of time. However, due to the no duplicate restriction of the card effect, it does not see play in any other Priest deck.
2. Neutral Cards
In this section, we list neutral cards that are always good to craft if you are playing Priest. Note that many of these cards will be usable in a wide range of decks across multiple classes. This means that crafting these cards over class specific ones is often a good idea if you plan to play a range of classes.
There are currently no neutral Commons that are played in common Priest decks.
- Wild Pyromancer - Priority = MEDIUM: Wild Pyromancer is a crucial card in Priest. When used in combination with Power Word: Shield it can create devastating board clears for your opponent.
- Injured Blademaster - Priority = LOW: Injured Blademaster is another key card in Priest, since by using the various healing abilities in the deck, you can restore it to full health very quickly. However, Blademaster is only run in Priest, so you will not much value out of this card across other classes.
- Corridor Creeper - Priority = LOW: Corridor Creeper is an extremely powerful card that can fit into almost any deck. It provides a great boost in Tempo for Midrange decks such as Dragon Priest.
- Primordial Drake - Priority = LOW: Primordial Drake is a solid late-game defensive card that is essential in Dragon Priest and can also be used in various Control decks.
- Elise the Trailblazer - Priority = MEDIUM: Elise the Trailblazer is a card the provides huge value for its Mana cost. The extra cards provided synergise well with the naturally grindy nature of most Priest decks.
3. Gold Allocation Guide
3.1. Pack Type
Whispers of the Old Gods introduced a couple of important cards for Priests. Shifting Shade and N'Zoth, the Corruptor are both good cards for Control Priests, with Darkshire Alchemist seeing occasional play.
Mean Streets of Gadgetzan greatly increased the power level of Priest by introducing Dragonfire Potion, Drakonid Operative, and the Kabal gang, which provided a range of powerful tools for Highlander decks.
The Journey to Un'Goro expansion added many powerful tools for Priests. Cards like Radiant Elemental, Lyra the Sunshard, and Shadow Visions allow the highly flexible Spell Priest archetype to be a force to be reckoned with. In addition to cards like Humongous Razorleaf, Crystalline Oracle, and Awaken the Makers which bolster other Priest archetypes.
Knights of the Frozen Throne includes many powerful additions such as Shadow Essence, Eternal Servitude, and Obsidian Statue which are essential for Big Priest decks as well as Shadowreaper Anduin, which is essential for the Highlander Priest archetype.
It is best to open a mix of Knights of the Frozen Throne and Journey to Un'Goro packs to maximise the chances of opening the most influential Priest cards.
3.2. One Night in Karazhan Adventure Value
One Night in Karazhan has many good additions for Priests. Priest of the Feast is a powerful minion that regularly sees play, while Onyx Bishop and Barnes open up the new Resurrect Priest archetype. Most importantly, the neutral cards Netherspite Historian and Book Wyrm are essential for Dragon Priest decks and One Night in Karazhan should be highly prioritised if you wish to play this archetype.
- 02 Jan. 2018: Updated for the Kobolds and Catacombs expansion.
- 02 May 2017: Updated for the Journey to Un'Goro expansion.
- 21 Feb. 2017: Updated to reflect the changes in MSG meta.
- 02 Sep. 2015: Updated to include Blackrock Mountain and The Grand Tournament cards.
- 21 Feb. 2015: Complete overhaul in format, and update for the Goblins vs. Gnomes meta.
- 08 Sep. 2014: Removed Tinkmaster Overspark.
- Budget Zoo Warlock Deck
- Bro paladin help
- Dungeon Runs
- Igneous Quest Rogue Deck
- Budget Quest Rogue Deck
- Quest Rogue Deck
- Taunt Druid Deck
- The art of free to play
- Dungeon Runs
- Bro paladin help
- Living Mana Aggro Druid Deck
- Finja Beast Druid Deck
- Jungle Giants Ramp Druid Quest Deck
- Malygos OTK Quest Druid Deck