Priest Crafting Guide
Table of Contents
- +1. Class-Specific Cards
- +2. Neutral Cards
- +3. Gold Allocation Guide
- 4. ChangeLog
On this page, you will find a list of the most useful Common, Rare, Epic, and Legendary cards for the Priest class, in terms of crafting. We separate cards by their rarity; Common, Rare, Epic and Legendary, but each individual card is given a rating of priority. It is important to know that a Rare or Epic card that is given a "High" or "Top" priority rating should be crafted before a Legendary with a "Medium" rating. In fact, if you have 1,600 Arcane Dust to spend, crafting 2 or 3 Epics and a handful of Rares is usually better than spending it all on a single Legendary. If a card is not mentioned, you can safely assume that it is rarely, or never, used in the Constructed meta.
You will also find a guide on how to best allocate your gold or money between the various Card packs and Adventures. This can vary greatly from class to class and has a great effect on how quickly and efficiently you can build a competitive deck.
1. Class-Specific Cards
In this section, we list the class-specific cards that are important for you as a Priest.
- Radiant Elemental - Priority = MEDIUM: Radiant Elemental is a key card in Spell Priest decks, opening up the potential for powerful combos when combined with Shadow Visions or Lyra the Sunshard.
- Divine Hymn - Priority = MEDIUM: Divine Hymn provides a good mix of healing for your board and Hero. Its functionality makes it often interchangeable with Circle of Healing. However, it is usually more favourable due to the additional healing for your Hero.
- Dead Ringer - Priority = MEDIUM: Dead Ringer is a great way to cycle through your deck. It is comparable to but more consistent than Loot Hoarder due to specifically targeting other Deathrattle minions.
- Circle of Healing - Priority = LOW: Circle of Healing is a key synergy card in Priest. It combines with multiple cards in many Priest decks to create beneficial effects, including Northshire Cleric, Injured Blademaster, and Auchenai Soulpriest.
- Spirit Lash - Priority = LOW: Spirit Lash is a cheap AoE spell that can also can also provide a large amount of healing when used on a wide board. It gains huge value with used in combination with Spell Damage or Prophet Velen.
- Duskbreaker - Priority = TOP: Duskbreaker is a key card AoE card used across most Priest decks. It is so powerful that is often warrants the use of Dragons outside of Dragon Priest decks in order to access the powerful Battlecry.
- Auchenai Soulpriest - Priority = LOW: Auchenai Soulpriest is a very strong Priest card and can be included in most decks due to its high power level. Having this card in your deck is extremely powerful when combined with cards like Circle of Healing.
- Crystalline Oracle - Priority = LOW: Crystalline Oracle is a cheap early-game minion that can be used in most Priest decks, as it does not sacrifice card advantage.
- Psychic Scream - Priority = TOP: Psychic Scream is an extremely powerful board clear that is able to bypass effects such a Divine Shield or Deathrattle.
- Shadow Visions - Priority = HIGH: Shadow Visions is card that appears weak on the surface, however it has huge potential in Spell Priest decks when combined with Radiant Elemental and Lyra the Sunshard or when played in Combo Priest decks to help consistently draw crucial spells.
- Twilight Acolyte - Priority = LOW: Twilight Acolyte is a flexible tool that can be used to counter minions of almost any size. It can be fit into most Priest decks, which often already contain a Dragon package to be able to use Duskbreaker.
- Shadowreaper Anduin - Priority = MEDIUM: Shadowreaper Anduin is a solid late-game card that can clear powerful boards. Additionally, it can often shift the dynamic of games to allow you to go on the offensive and is crucial for decks like Mind Blast Priest.
- Lyra the Sunshard - Priority = LOW: Lyra the Sunshard is an extremely powerful card that is crucial in Spell Priest decks. It has the potential for very powerful combos when combined with cards like Radiant Elemental and Shadow Visions.
2. Neutral Cards
In this section, we list neutral cards that are always good to craft if you are playing Priest. Note that many of these cards will be usable in a wide range of decks across multiple classes. This means that crafting these cards over class specific ones is often a good idea if you plan to play a range of classes.
- Acolyte of Pain - Priority = MEDIUM: Acolyte of Pain is a great tool to aggressively cycle cards for Combo Priest decks. It has great synergy with Wild Pyromancer and Spirit Lash.
- Loot Hoarder - Priority = MEDIUM: Loot Hoarder is a cheap card draw tool used across many Priest decks. It has great synergy with Dead Ringer and is often played alongside it.
- Wild Pyromancer - Priority = MEDIUM: Wild Pyromancer is a crucial card in Priest. When used in combination with Power Word: Shield it can create devastating board clears for your opponent.
- Primordial Drake - Priority = LOW: Primordial Drake is a solid late-game defensive card. It is one of the most flexible neutral Dragons available and is used across most Priest decks as one of the many activators for Duskbreaker.
- Mecha'thun - Priority = LOW: Mecha'thun is a very niche card used in various Mecha'thun decks across multiple classes. It is an essential card for Mecha'thun Priest but sees no use elsewhere.
3. Gold Allocation Guide
3.1. Pack Type
The Journey to Un'Goro expansion added many powerful tools for Priests. Cards like Radiant Elemental, Lyra the Sunshard, and Shadow Visions allow the highly flexible Spell Priest archetype to be a force to be reckoned with. In addition to cards like Humongous Razorleaf, Crystalline Oracle, and Awaken the Makers which bolster other Priest archetypes.
Knights of the Frozen Throne includes many powerful additions such as Shadow Essence, Eternal Servitude, and Obsidian Statue which are essential for Big Priest decks as well as Shadowreaper Anduin, which is essential for the Highlander Priest archetype.
The Witchwood expansion provided very little new tools for Priest, as Priest gains no real benefit from the Odd and Even archetypes introduced from the set. The only real commonly used card added was Divine Hymn, which can be crafted very cheaply, allowing you to spend your gold elsewhere.
The Boomsday Project provided a few strong cards for Deathrattle decks, such as Dead Ringer and Reckless Experimenter in addition to Mecha'thun to create a new Mecha'thun Priest archetype. As the most useful card for Priest is a single Legendary, Mecha'thun, it is better to craft the card and invest your Gold into other card packs.
It is best to open a mix of Knights of the Frozen Throne and Journey to Un'Goro packs to maximise the chances of opening the most influential Priest cards.
- 13 Sep. 2018: Updated for The Boomsday Project expansion.
- 31 May 2018: Updated for the Witchwood expansion.
- 02 Jan. 2018: Updated for the Kobolds and Catacombs expansion.
- 02 May 2017: Updated for the Journey to Un'Goro expansion.
- 21 Feb. 2017: Updated to reflect the changes in MSG meta.
- 02 Sep. 2015: Updated to include Blackrock Mountain and The Grand Tournament cards.
- 21 Feb. 2015: Complete overhaul in format, and update for the Goblins vs. Gnomes meta.
- 08 Sep. 2014: Removed Tinkmaster Overspark.
- Balance Changes to Giggling Inventor, Mana Wyrm & Aviana
- Hearthstone BlizzCon Virtual Ticket Rewards: Card Back & Packs
- Twitch Rivals: The Hearthstone Gold Rush Challenge
- Tavern Brawl: Boss Battle Royale 2
- Hallow's End Begins October 17 - Tavern Brawls, Dual Class Arena, Sir Annoy-o
- Balance Changes Coming Next Week
- Here Are the Decklists for The 2018 Fall Championship
- Vote for Your 2018 Fall Champion
- Why has ranked gotten harder?
- Puzzle Lab's Dr. Boom's Puzzles
- Cubelock (Warlock Cube)
- Time-Tinker Monster Hunter
- Should I dust everything and focus on a deck
- Topsy Turvy Priest
- Pirate Warrior
- Basic Warrior Deck
- Why has ranked gotten harder?
- Puzzle Lab's Dr. Boom's Puzzles
- Discord Webhook or bot
- Curse of Naxxramas Arachnid Quarter