Chenvaala Guide with Cheap Decks for Galakrond's Awakening
Chenvaala is the second boss in the League of E.V.I.L. campaign in the Battle of the Frozen Coast, the first chapter of Galakrond's Awakening. In this guide, you will learn how to defeat Chenvaala in both Normal and Heroic modes.
Strategy and Deck Building
In both Normal and Heroic Mode, Chenvaala uses a deck constructed entirely around Freeze effects. With this in mind, it is important to keep your opponent's board in check to prevent them from Freezing your minions and rushing you down. You should also be aware of the Snap Freeze in both modes, which provides the boss with an easy method to remove your big minions when paired with their multitude of Freeze effects.
In Normal Mode, you can make use of your cheap Hero Power to steal a copy of your opponent's Living Dragonbreath. This will allow you to negate a large portion of the encounter. While immune to Freezes, you should be comfortably able to control the board and win through standard gameplay.
In Heroic Mode, the fight is significantly faster paced as you will have to deal with your opponent playing 1 Mana 4/4s. The ability to customise your deck allows you to play your own copies of Living Dragonbreath to negate the Freeze effects. While it is in play, you should protect it as much as possible. Having it in play also prevents Snap Freeze being used as hard removal, allowing you to freely make use of Health buffs on your minions.
Cheap decks for Heroic Mode
- 21 Jan. 2020: Guide added.
- A Call to Strike on Blizzard France Employees on Shadowlands Launch Day
- Blizzard Selling Face Masks on Gear Store
- The Blizzard Gear Fest Has Begun!
- BlizzConline 2021 Will Be Free to Watch!
- David Kim, Diablo 4 Lead Systems Designer Moves to WoW
- Activision Blizzard Q3 2020 Earnings Call
- Chris Metzen Unveils Warchief Gaming Tabletop Game Company
- Dave Kosak Leaves Blizzard After 12 Years