Puppetmaster Lazul Guide with Cheap Decks for Galakrond's Awakening
Puppetmaster Lazul is the first boss in the League of Explorers campaign in the Clash of Wyrmrest, the second chapter of Galakrond's Awakening. In this guide, you will learn how to defeat Puppetmaster Lazul in both Normal and Heroic modes.
Strategy and Deck Building
Puppetmaster Lazul uses a C'Thun themed deck throughout the game, supported by the Fortune Hero Power. Despite all of the C'Thun-buffing cards available, C'Thun will always be the bottom card on the boss' deck and is therefore of little concern. Instead, you should focus on defeating the boss in a timely manner before getting too much value from Fortune and to allow for the maximum time in the second phase of the fight. After dropping the boss' Health to 0, the boss will take on a new form, with many more tentacles.
In the second phase the boss will be given a fresh deck of cards, be set to 50 Health and 5 Mana, gain the From Below Hero Power and have their board filled with Eye of Go'rath and Claw of Go'raths for a whole new fight, putting you on a clock to win the game before you get overwhelmed by tentacles or run out of cards.
In Normal Mode, you can take a very controlled approach to the encounter. During the first phase the boss will put on minimal pressure and does not have access to board clears, so you should use this time to set yourself up with a strong board before transitioning to phase 2. When making the transition between phases, you should have a way to deal with the board full of tentacles prepared, either with a Lightning Storm or ensuring you have multiple minions on board that can attack immediately. Once you have the board under control in phase 2, you can safely grind down the boss while controlling the board.
In Heroic Mode, the boss comes equipped with a significantly more powerful deck. You should try to carefully build your board in such a way that you are not vulnerable to Shadow Madness, Potion of Madness, and Puppeteer. You should also be very careful when it comes to deckbuilding, as the boss may be able to take advantage of any removals or board clears you use through the use of Fortune. If you are able to safely make it to phase 2, the fight does not differ much from normal mode and the only concern should be ensuring you do not succumb to fatigue.
Cheap decks for Heroic Mode
- 28 Jan. 2020: Guide added.
- Ashes of Outland: 17.0 Patch Notes
- Save the Dates: What's Happening in Hearthstone Until Ashes of Outland Is Released
- All Ashes of Outland Cards Revealed
- Ashes of Outland Card Reveal: Crimson Sigil Runner
- Coronavirus Hits Fireside Gatherings - Only Private Ones Allowed
- Here Are the Free Decks for New and Returning Players
- Ashes of Outland Card Reveals: Greyheart Sage & Guardian Augmerchant
- Ashes of Outland: Two Murloc Paladin Cards Revealed
- Arena Paladin Tier Lists
- Beast of Fable Pet Battle location of No-No the Beaver
- Dragon Hunter
- Battlegrounds Hero Tier List
- A few questions for a newish player
- Dragonrider Talritha Druid Deck
- Arena Rogue Tier Lists
- The Witchwood Monster Hunt