Archmage Antonidas Boss Guide for Book of Heroes (Jaina)
Archmage Antonidas is the first boss in the Jaina Proudmoore chapter of the Book of Heroes Solo Adventure. In this guide, you will learn strategy tips and tricks to help you defeat the boss.
Archmage Antonidas uses an 'Exodia Mage' style deck that revolves around large amounts of card draw and the ability to copy its minions. The boss uses the Supreme Acumen Hero Power to duplicate all spells it plays.
You will be provided with basic Mage-style deck consisting of many common Mage spells, spell-damage minions, and frost-themed minions.
In your Mulligan, you should look for any cheap cards that cost 3 or less Mana, such as Frostbolt, Mirror Entity, and Gray Cat.
Despite the boss having a very powerful Hero Power, he will do very little to utilise it and many of its moves will be very superfluous. In particularly, it will spend a lot of time drawing cards with Arcane Intellect and Research Project, the latter of which will also draw you many cards. With this in mind, you can freely play your own cards out as quickly as possible regardless of value. Furthermore, despite spell synergies present in the boss's deck, there are no direct damage spells present and the boss will focus on duplicating its minions instead. You should therefore focus on killing off any enemy minions you see before going face. This will allow you to quickly starve the boss of resources as it continually overdraws its deck.
Next Boss: Prince Kael'thas
- 15 Sep. 2020: Guide added.
- End-of-Year Blizzard Update
- US Federal Trade Commission Files Suit to Block Microsoft Acquisition of Activision Blizzard
- Join Us Live on Twitch for the Icy Veins Podcast
- US Federal Trade Commission "Likely to File Antitrust Lawsuit" to Block Microsoft Acquisition of Activision Blizzard
- Hearthstone March of the Lich King Shaman Card Reveal Recap: November 20th
- Blizzard in China: All the Details, Rumors and New Information
- Hearthstone March of the Lich King Warrior Card Reveal Recap: November 19th
- NetEase Message to Chinese Blizzard Game Players