Illidan Stormrage Challenge Boss Guide for Trial by Felfire
Illidan Stormrage is the ninth boss in the of the Trial by Felfire challenge. In this guide, you will learn strategy tips and tricks to help you defeat the boss.
Illidan Stormrage starts with 60 Health and 2 Mana Crystals. He uses the passive Burning Rage Hero Power and an extremly powerful deck. In addition to many powerful Demon Hunter cards, Illidan uses 2 copies of You Are Not Prepared and the outcasts Sklibb, Outcast, Shalja, Outcast, and Karnuk, Outcast.
Due to the AoE potential of the boss's Hero Power, paired with Lifesteal from many of its cards, you should aim for a control deck capable of playing very long games. While Acidic Swamp Ooze is a reasonable tool for dealing with a few of the boss's weapons, Freeze effects like Frozen Shadoweaver are more effective. However, nothing can stop the boss attacking with You Are Not Prepared, which makes Freeze effects a bit less effective and therefore not mandatory for the fight.
For nearly all of the fight, your only aim should be to clear the boss's minions, as any attemps to develop the board yourself will be quickly removed by attacks mixed with the Burning Rage Hero Power. When you have the freedom to do so, you should try to heal up your Hero as you will be constantly taking face damage from weapons and minions like Priestess of Fury. Although it may be tempting to rush the boss down if you get the opportunity, you should be very careful when doing so as the boss can easily heal with its Lifesteal minions and can even heal back to full if it uses You Are Not Prepared with a weapon equipped. Although the boss starts with a larger than normal deck, you should eventually be able to win through fatigue due to the boss drawing cards with Spectral Sight and Skull of Gul'dan.
Cheap decks to defeat Illidan Stormrage
Cheap Illidan Stormrage Galakrond Priest
- 27 Jun. 2020: Guide added.
- BlizzCon 2023 in Coming on Nov 3-4
- Icy Veins is Getting a New Look
- Activision Blizzard Announces First Quarter 2023 Financial Results
- BlizzCon 2023 Update by Blizzard President Mike Ybarra
- A Misunderstanding May Have Been the Cause of Activision Blizzard Games Not Being Available in China
- End-of-Year Blizzard Update
- US Federal Trade Commission Files Suit to Block Microsoft Acquisition of Activision Blizzard
- Join Us Live on Twitch for the Icy Veins Podcast