Archimonde Boss Guide for Book of Heroes (Jaina)
Archimonde is the fifth boss in the Jaina Proudmoore chapter of the Book of Heroes Solo Adventure. In this guide, you will learn strategy tips and tricks to help you defeat the boss.
Archimonde uses a Demon Warlock deck with additional tools like Expired Merchant, Demonwrath, and Dark Skies. The boss also has access to the Rain of Chaos Hero Power in the fight.
You will be provided with a powerful Mage deck full of spells with a small number of minions like Arcane Giant and Cosmic Anomaly to support them. You will additionally have access to the Summon Elemental Rank 2 Hero Power.
Once you get the boss below 10 Health Thrall and Tyrande will appear to finish off the boss.
In your mulligan you should look for early-game removal tools ike Ray of Frost, Frostbolt, and Flame Ward to deal with the early minions played by the boss.
For the first 3 turns of the fight, you should use your removal tools liberally to remove any early demons played by the boss. From Turn 4 onward, you should try to use your Summon Elemental Rank 2 every turn as a consistent source of 4/7 minions to help control the board further. As the boss's removal tools can not deal with 4/7 minions at will, it will quickly run out of cards.
Although the boss has access to the extremely powerful Rain of Chaos Hero Power, it will almost never use it and will priorise playing cards instead. This will allow you get ahead and eventually grind down the boss through the use of your own Hero Power.
Next Boss: Garrosh Hellscream
- 16 Sep. 2020: Guide added.
- End-of-Year Blizzard Update
- US Federal Trade Commission Files Suit to Block Microsoft Acquisition of Activision Blizzard
- Join Us Live on Twitch for the Icy Veins Podcast
- US Federal Trade Commission "Likely to File Antitrust Lawsuit" to Block Microsoft Acquisition of Activision Blizzard
- Hearthstone March of the Lich King Shaman Card Reveal Recap: November 20th
- Blizzard in China: All the Details, Rumors and New Information
- Hearthstone March of the Lich King Warrior Card Reveal Recap: November 19th
- NetEase Message to Chinese Blizzard Game Players