Gruul the Dragonkiller Challenge Boss Guide for Trial by Felfire
Gruul the Dragonkiller is the second boss in the Trial by Felfire challenge. In this guide, you will learn strategy tips and tricks to help you defeat the boss.
Gruul the Dragonkill starts with 50 Health and utilises a Warrior-style deck built around exploiting damaged enemies, with cards likeand . The boss will use its Shatter Hero Power immediately at the start of each turn do deal damage randomly split across your board.
The boss's Shatter Hero Power is both a blessing and a curse. While it can efficiently chip away at your board, you can also use it to activate many cards of your own like , Battle Rage, Rampage, and .
In the early game, it can be difficult to keep any minions on the board due to Shatter. However, it should be noted that the Hero Power can also go face, potentially missing your minions. With this in mind, it is often better to play passively early on and then develop a strong board in the mid game. Once you are able to develop a board, the Shatter Hero Power loses a lot of value as it cannot consistently kill your minions and will simply waste the boss's Mana. If you are using minions that benefit from taking damage, this is the ideal time to play them to start pushing damage.
Cheap decks to defeat Gruul the Dragonkiller
- 25 Jun. 2020: Guide added.
- David Kim Leaves Blizzard (WoW Principal Designer and Former Diablo 4 Lead Systems Designer)
- Blizzard Begins Monthly Collectible Series for 30th Anniversary with Lich King Statue & Concept Art Print
- Forged in the Barrens Now Live
- The "Grandfather" of Classic Omar Gonzalez Left Blizzard for Dreamhaven
- Best Sets and Tier List for Classic
- Crash Bandicoot: It's About Time Available on Battle.net
- Icy Veins 10-Year Anniversary Giveaway!
- Activision Blizzard Plans to Lay Off Even More Employees