Thrall Boss Guide for Book of Heroes (Jaina)
Thrall is the seventh boss in the Jaina Proudmoore chapter of the Book of Heroes Solo Adventure. In this guide, you will learn strategy tips and tricks to help you defeat the boss.
Thrall uses a deck comprised of fairly standard Shaman cards, such as Feral Spirit and Fire Elemental in addition to some Horde-themed cards like Frostwolf Warlord. He uses the Spirit of Air Hero Power on his minion if any are left alive on the board.
In your mulligan, you are largely looking for Frostbolt and Scalerider to help control the board in the early game. Additionally, you can keep the Focusing Iris card due to its sheer power in the late game.
In the early game you should focus on preventing the board from keeping any minion on the board. This can be done with cards like Frostbolt. From Turn 3 onward, this can be done using your Icefall Hero Power which, even if it does not immediately kill a minion, can still Freeze them so that they can be killed on the following turn. With the board under control, you should begin to develop the board with your large Dragons. However, you should prioritise playing Twilight Drake much less due to the boss's use of Earth Shock.
Developing the board and controlling it from the mid game onward is often enough to win the game. You can also try to play Focusing Iris in the late game. This will give you a full board of Water Elementals, which may just win the game for you. However, you should not rely solely on this card as boss runs one card specifically, Earthquake, that can deal with it.
Next Boss: Aethas Sunreaver
- 16 Sep. 2020: Guide added.
- The New Battle.net Is Almost Here, Going Live in NA
- Merry Christmas from the Icy Veins Team!
- Blizzard Sending Out New Surveys About "Classic" Version of The Burning Crusade
- Activision Blizzard's Stock Reached All-Time Highs
- Cyberpunk 2077 Wiki from IcyWiki
- A Call to Strike on Blizzard France Employees on Shadowlands Launch Day
- Blizzard Selling Face Masks on Gear Store
- The Blizzard Gear Fest Has Begun!