Zixor, Apex Predator Boss Guide for Trial by Felfire
Zixor, Apex Predator is the third boss in the first chapter of the Trial by Felfire Solo Adventure. In this guide, you will learn strategy tips and tricks to help you defeat the boss.
The boss uses a deck that synergises with Hero Attacks, featuring cards like Battlefiend and Spirit of the Raptor. In addition to this, it will use its Ravenous Omnivore Hero Power every turn to gain 4 Attack for free. Lastly, the boss also utilises a range of cards, such as Lifesteal minions, to regain Health to recover Health lost from using its Hero Power.
The deck you are provided is very similar to that used in the previous encounters, using a mix of Rogue and Hunter Secrets, Beasts, and Combos synergies. From the previous encounter, you will also have Shalja, Outcast added to your deck at the start of the encounter. As an added bonus you will also start with a copy of Sklibb, Outcast on your board and two Glowcap Mushrooms.
The boss makes aggressive use of Ravenous Omnivore right from the beginning of the encounter. To account for this, you should look for a strong minion-based opener to make full use of Sklibb, Outcast. Cheap minions like Shimmerfly, Defias Ringleader and Animal Companion are great options as are minion-based Secrets like Snake Trap and Bamboozle.
The boss will make use of Ravenous Omnivore every single turn of the game, giving it a huge tempo advantage every turn of the game. To counter this, you should make use of Sklibb, Outcast by playing minions around it to ensure the boss is always forced to attack into Taunt minions and damage itself. While Sklibb is an extremely powerful tool for completing the encounter, you will not lose if he dies and will simply be at a disadvantage.
The boss will frequently make use of many Rush minions and Dreadscale, so you should never think you are safe and continually populate the board to ensure there are plenty of targets available. Due to the boss continually attacking into your Taunts, you should not worry about damaging the boss directly. Instead, you should focus on removing any Lifesteal minions played by the board so that it cannot recover the Health it loses from attacking your minions.
Next Boss: Baltharak
- 18 Jun. 2020: Guide added.
- End-of-Year Blizzard Update
- US Federal Trade Commission Files Suit to Block Microsoft Acquisition of Activision Blizzard
- Join Us Live on Twitch for the Icy Veins Podcast
- US Federal Trade Commission "Likely to File Antitrust Lawsuit" to Block Microsoft Acquisition of Activision Blizzard
- Hearthstone March of the Lich King Shaman Card Reveal Recap: November 20th
- Blizzard in China: All the Details, Rumors and New Information
- Hearthstone March of the Lich King Warrior Card Reveal Recap: November 19th
- NetEase Message to Chinese Blizzard Game Players