TBC Classic Restoration Shaman Phase 2 / Tier 5 Gear and Best in Slot
On this page, you will find the best Tier 5 PvE gear and best in slot items for your Restoration Shaman in TBC Classic Phase 2.
Restoration Shaman Phase 2 / Tier 5 Best in Slot List
While a clear best in slot list is always available in TBC Classic, the items contained might be extremely hard or expensive to get. Thus, we will try to give at least one alternative for most slots in the list, so that you can pick where and how to farm them.
The list will focus on gathering the best stats for Restoration, as described in our guide below:
Other Restoration Shaman Best in Slot Lists
If you are starting out as a freshly-leveled Restoration Shaman, our pre-raid best in slot list is meant to give you an idea of non-raid items you can chase as a solo / pug player in preparation for raids.
Do note that items from Heroic dungeons or that require Primal Nethers (which are obtained from Heroics) can be harder to get than raid items due to their daily lockout. Some Heroic dungeons are also harder than most of Karazhan.
If your character is still progressing through the content of Tier 4 or is ready to take on Tier 6, then you may wish to consult their best in slot lists instead.
TBC Phase 2 / Tier 5 Elemental Shaman Tier Set
Restoration Shaman Tier 5, the Cataclysm Raiment, is obtained from the following bosses:
- Helm — Lady Vashj in Serpentshrine Cavern
- Chest — Kael'thas Sunstrider in Tempest Keep
- Legs — Fathom-Lord Karathress in Serpentshrine Cavern
- Shoulders — Void Reaver in Tempest Keep
- Gloves — Leotheras the Blind in Serpentshrine Cavern
Its set bonuses are:
- 2 pieces — lowers the cost of Lesser Healing Wave by 5%. While not game changing, this is a pretty decent bonus which improves your Mana sustain, especially in heavy spot healing scenarios such as PvP.
- 4 pieces — causes critical heals from Healing Wave, Lesser Healing Wave, and Chain Heal to reduce the cast time of your next Healing Wave by 0.5 seconds, up to once per minute. This is a very weak bonus and you will barely be able to feel it in your gameplay, unfortunately.
Phase 2 / Tier 5 Best in Slot Table
Leatherworking is still a great profession, especially if you are your group's dedicated drummer, and Windhawk gear is only replaced by Tier 5 pieces or equivalent off-set items.
Enchanting is also great to unlock Spell Healing enchants on rings, and Jewelcrafting is a viable alternative for improved gems.
Finally, Engineering is also a fine choice, enabling explosives and the new Living Replicator Specs.
In order to make the best use possible out of long cooldown trinkets, such as Scarab Brooch, swap them into your gear set when they are off-cooldown and replace them with others during their cooldown.
Other Useful TBC Phase 2 Gear for Restoration Shamans
While the list above contains the absolute best gear setup, you are unlikely to quickly gather all of it. We provide more options below, some which are very close to the best, and some which are just much easier to get!
Since weapons are such a broad topic, we have written a full guide about Shaman weapons below.
If you have further questions about gemming and enchanting these items, our Restoration Shaman Enchants and Gems page below provides more information.
- 09 Jan. 2022: Guide moved.
- Wrath Classic Patch 3.4.2 PTR Notes: May 18th
- Death Heat Map for Hardcore Characters and Their Killers
- BlizzCon 2023 in Coming on Nov 3-4
- Blizzard Announces Hardcore Classic
- Icy Veins is Getting a New Look
- Wrath Classic 3.4.2 PTR Schedule
- Official Support for Hardcore Classic Realms Coming Soon?
- New Sons of Hodir Tabard to Be Added to Wrath Classic