Play Dead — Hunter Card
Table of Contents
Play Dead is a Hunter-only spell. This card was introduced with Knights of the Frozen Throne and can now only be obtained through crafting. Below the card images, you will find explanations to help you use the card optimally in every game mode of Hearthstone.
Play Dead was released in the Knights of the Frozen Throne expansion as the next in a long line of cards that trigger Deathrattle minions. Prior to Play Dead, these cards had not seen much play due to their conditional nature and high Mana costs. At one Mana, this card is much better placed to get enough value when played to cover the downside that there needs to be a Deathrattle minion in play for it to function.
In Constructed, Play Dead can be put in a deck with enough Deathrattle minions for it to get value for 1 Mana. Due to the fact that Hunter has decent Deathrattles in all parts of the curve, Play Dead scales well, so that it does not become obsolete if drawn in later turns, and can produce some threatening burst if played early on.
Play Dead is a poor card in Arena. There is not enough consistency in drafting Deathrattle minions for it to be easy to take early in a draft. If you have several powerful Deathrattles late in a draft, it is a card you can consider for some value, but only if you already have your Mana curve in good shape.
- Activision Blizzard Games Coming to Game Pass After Microsoft Acquisition
- Unconfirmed Dragonflight Pre-Patch and Launch Dates Leaked
- Blizzard Debuting New Products + Giveaway at Comic-Con
- The Battle.net Social Celebration Contest
- Blizzard Entertainment Acquires Spellbreak Development Studio Proletariat
- New Hearthstone Expansion Announced: Murder at Castle Nathria
- How to Find Out You've Been Invited to Beta Testing?
- Arclight Rumble Will Not Have Loot Boxes or NFTs
- Miracle Priest Deck
- XL Beast Hunter Deck
- Imp Curse Warlock Deck
- Jailer Paladin Deck
- Basic Warlock Deck