Play Dead — Hunter Card
Table of Contents
Play Dead is a Hunter-only spell. This card can be obtained from Knights of the Frozen Throne packs. Below the card images, you will find explanations to help you use the card optimally in every game mode of Hearthstone.
1. General Comments
Play Dead was released in the Knights of the Frozen Throne expansion as the next in a long line of cards that trigger Deathrattle minions. Prior to Play Dead, these cards had not seen much play due to their conditional nature and high Mana costs. At one Mana, this card is much better placed to get enough value when played to cover the downside that there needs to be a Deathrattle minion in play for it to function.
2. Constructed Play
In Constructed, Play Dead can be put in a deck with enough Deathrattle minions for it to get value for 1 Mana. Due to the fact that Hunter has decent Deathrattles in all parts of the curve, Play Dead scales well, so that it does not become obsolete if drawn in later turns, and can produce some threatening burst if played early on.
Play Dead is a poor card in Arena. There is not enough consistency in drafting Deathrattle minions for it to be easy to take early in a draft. If you have several powerful Deathrattles late in a draft, it is a card you can consider for some value, but only if you already have your Mana curve in good shape.
4. Icy Veins Decks that Contain this Card
- Four Common Hearthstone Mistakes And How To Prevent Them
- Odd & Even Hearthside Chat with 4 Cards Revealed
- Patch 10.4: Arena Changes & The Witchwood Pre-Order
- "The Witchwood" Announced As Latest Hearthstone Expansion
- Icy Veins Class Writer Applications Closing Soon
- What's the Move #18 - Figuring out Fatigue
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #11
- Patch 10.4 Bringing Big Changes, Blizzcon Cards To The Arena
- Witchwood Worth it?
- The Witchwood Expansion Hub
- Throwback Decks
- Help me build this warrior
- The Lich King
- Wild Paladin OTK Deck
- OTK Djinni Priest Standard
- New player looking for deck building advice please