Toxmonger — Hunter Card
Table of Contents
Toxmonger is a Hunter-only minion. This card can be obtained from The Witchwood packs. Below the card images, you will find explanations to help you use the card optimally in every game mode of Hearthstone.
1. General Comments
One of the issues faced by 1-mana minions is that they become extremely poor in the late game. Toxmonger gives those cards some extra value when drawn later on. However, it is difficult to get that value to stick. Toxmonger's stats are very low which means that it will be removed easily by the oppenent. This means that any 1-drops will have to be played on the same tame as the Toxmonger to be impactful, which further slows down the process of generating a poisonous army.
2. Constructed Play
Toxmonger works best in aggressive decks with many 1-drops, which turns them into a way to get through large Taunt minions for a final push. Unfortunately, the stats of Toxmonger are prohibitive, which means that for deck construction purposes, it is usually better to include a large minion instead.
Toxmonger is a poor card in Arena. Most Arena decks do not contain many 1-drops, and Toxmonger's stats are not good enough to merit inclusion in a deck without getting good value from its ability.
4. Icy Veins Decks that Contain this Card
- This Week's Tavern Brawl: A Witchy Recipe
- Shudderwock Animation Speed & Battlecry Cap to Be Fixed Soon
- Ben Brode Leaves Blizzard
- Hearthside Chat: Monster Hunt
- Blizzard Balance Gifting Now Available
- Ben Brode Answers Unsolved Hearthstone Mysteries
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #14
- What's the Move #21 - Azari Incoming!
- Primalfin totem vs Baku Paladin
- Dungeon Runs
- Competitive Concedestone
- Mad Magician
- Hearthstone Shaman Spells, Minions, and Weapons
- Basic Warrior Deck
- Spiteful Druid Archetype
- The art of free to play