Cone of Cold
Table of Contents
Cone of Cold is a Mage-only spell. This card can be obtained from expert packs. Below the card images, you will find explanations to help you use the card optimally in every game mode of Hearthstone.
1. General Comments
Cone of Cold is a very situational card. It can be a lifesaver if your opponent plays into it, or it help you to delay for a crucial turn in order to setup a Flamestrike. However, it is not a good fit for most types of Mage deck due to its overall low impact for its Mana cost.
2. Constructed Play
Cone of Cold is primarily used in Constructed in slow Control or Combo based Mage decks. It can be combined with Doomsayer to potentially create a board clear, or used to stall for a turn in order to set up a larger clear with Flamestrike.
Cone of Cold is an average card in Arena. Although it can help to delay the game for a turn, its low damage output means that you will rarely deal with the problem outright. In a deck with multiple Flamestrikes, it can be picked more highly, since you can use it to delay for a turn to set up a board clear.
4. Icy Veins Decks that Contain this Card
- Knights of the Frozen Throne Card Reveal: Blood Razor & Prince Taldaram
- Knights of the Frozen Throne Card Reveal: Blood-Queen Lana'thel
- Knights of the Frozen Throne Card Reveal: Ice Breaker & Plague Scientist
- Knights of the Frozen Throne Card Reveal - Ticking Abomination
- Russel Brower Leaves Blizzard
- Tavern Brawl: Ahune's Superior Brawl
- The Frost Festival Is Upon Us!
- The Lich King Opens Up an Ice Cream Shop [Video]
- The Rate/Improve my deck thread.
- Cheap Mage Standard
- HoF Discussions
- Curse of Naxxramas Arachnid Quarter
- Budget Jade Druid Standard
- How to combat jade druid / earthen scales
- Quest Rogue Meta (Post Nerf)
- Caverns below nerfed...what about Fire Plume's Heart???