Cone of Cold — Mage Card
Table of Contents
Cone of Cold is a Mage-only spell. This card can be obtained from expert packs. Below the card images, you will find explanations to help you use the card optimally in every game mode of Hearthstone.
1. General Comments
Cone of Cold is a very situational card. It can be a lifesaver if your opponent plays into it, or it help you to delay for a crucial turn in order to setup a Flamestrike. However, it is not a good fit for most types of Mage deck due to its overall low impact for its Mana cost.
2. Constructed Play
Cone of Cold is primarily used in Constructed in slow Control or Combo based Mage decks. It can be combined with Doomsayer to potentially create a board clear, or used to stall for a turn in order to set up a larger clear with Flamestrike.
Cone of Cold is an average card in Arena. Although it can help to delay the game for a turn, its low damage output means that you will rarely deal with the problem outright. In a deck with multiple Flamestrikes, it can be picked more highly, since you can use it to delay for a turn to set up a board clear.
4. Icy Veins Decks that Contain this Card
- Check out What's Coming up in the Next Few Months
- Tavern Brawl: Pick a Hand, Any Hand
- HGG Cheer: Win a Card Back, Packs & Twitch Emotes
- BlizzCon Virtual Ticket, Goody Bag, Mobile App, More
- Special Event: Rise for Days of the Frozen Throne!
- September 2018 Ranked Play Season - On the Level
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #24
- Tavern Brawl: Double Deathrattler Battler - Standard
- Basic Shaman Deck
- Hearthstone Hunter Spells, Minions, and Weapons
- Malygos Rogue
- Puzzle Lab's Lethal Puzzles
- Arena Priest Tier Lists
- Monster Hunt Progress Thread
- Secret Paladin Wild