Frozen Clone — Mage Card
Table of Contents
Frozen Clone is a Mage-only spell. This card was introduced with Knights of the Frozen Throne and can now only be obtained through crafting. Below the card images, you will find explanations to help you use the card optimally in every game mode of Hearthstone.
Frozen Clone gives up a lot of tempo in exchange for value. It gives twice as much value as, but at the cost of having to play the minions from hand. With larger minions, this is problematic as you have to deal with the minion that your opponent played as well as playing the minion yourself. If smaller minions are the ones copied, you will often have preferred to play .
Frozen Clone is powerful in Mage decks that are designed to go to the late-game. Such decks can survive the early rush, and then use Frost Clone to refill. With good timing, you can force an opponent to either play something small on a turn where they want to start to play large minions, or to give you two threats yourself.
In Arena, Frozen Clone is an above-average card. The value versus tempo equation balances out very close to even, meaning that the cards gained will be great as the game goes on, but will subject you to early pressure.
- Battle.net Black Friday Sale: Up to 67% Off
- Mike Ybbara on Blizzard's Approach to Meeting Player Demands
- BlizzCon 2023 Stream and Announcements Summary
- BlizzCon 2023 Bingo Collection
- WoW Battle Pet and Hearthstone Card Back Promotion From Warcraft Rumble
- Warcraft Rumble Released a Day Early and Is Rolling Out Now!
- BlizzCon 2023 Broadcast Schedule
- Microsoft Leaders Visit Blizzard Post $69B Acquisition, Hint at Brighter, Autonomous Future
- Standard Tier List
- Battlegrounds Special Cards
- Classic Freeze Mage Deck
- Classic Miracle Rogue Deck
- Skeleton Mage Deck