Frozen Clone — Mage Card
Table of Contents
Frozen Clone is a Mage-only spell. This card can be obtained from Knights of the Frozen Throne packs. Below the card images, you will find explanations to help you use the card optimally in every game mode of Hearthstone.
1. General Comments
Frozen Clone gives up a lot of tempo in exchange for value. It gives twice as much value as Mirror Entity, but at the cost of having to play the minions from hand. With larger minions, this is problematic as you have to deal with the minion that your opponent played as well as playing the minion yourself. If smaller minions are the ones copied, you will often have preferred to play Arcane Intellect.
2. Constructed Play
Frozen Clone is powerful in Mage decks that are designed to go to the late-game. Such decks can survive the early rush, and then use Frost Clone to refill. With good timing, you can force an opponent to either play something small on a turn where they want to start to play large minions, or to give you two threats yourself.
In Arena, Frozen Clone is an above-average card. The value versus tempo equation balances out very close to even, meaning that the cards gained will be great as the game goes on, but will subject you to early pressure.
4. Icy Veins Decks that Contain this Card
There are currently no decks on Icy Veins that use this card.
- PC Gamer Reveals Three Treant-Themed Druid Cards
- Three Exciting Cards Revealed In Hearthside Chat With Peter Whalen
- This Week's Tavern Brawl: Ragnaros' Fire Festival!
- Annoy-o-Module Card Reveal
- The Boomsday Project Full Spoiler Schedule
- Magnetic Hearthside Chat Shows Off New Mechanic, Reveals Four New Cards
- The Midsummer Fire Festival Has Returned
- Menacing Nimbus Card Reveal
- Zoo Warlock
- Control Mage
- Boomsday Project Hub
- Time-Tinker Monster Hunter
- Is the game dying?
- Token Druid
- Even Warrior
- Tracker Monster Hunter