Frozen Clone — Mage Card
Table of Contents
Frozen Clone is a Mage-only spell. This card was introduced with Knights of the Frozen Throne and can now only be obtained through crafting. Below the card images, you will find explanations to help you use the card optimally in every game mode of Hearthstone.
Frozen Clone gives up a lot of tempo in exchange for value. It gives twice as much value as Mirror Entity, but at the cost of having to play the minions from hand. With larger minions, this is problematic as you have to deal with the minion that your opponent played as well as playing the minion yourself. If smaller minions are the ones copied, you will often have preferred to play Arcane Intellect.
Frozen Clone is powerful in Mage decks that are designed to go to the late-game. Such decks can survive the early rush, and then use Frost Clone to refill. With good timing, you can force an opponent to either play something small on a turn where they want to start to play large minions, or to give you two threats yourself.
In Arena, Frozen Clone is an above-average card. The value versus tempo equation balances out very close to even, meaning that the cards gained will be great as the game goes on, but will subject you to early pressure.
- End-of-Year Blizzard Update
- US Federal Trade Commission Files Suit to Block Microsoft Acquisition of Activision Blizzard
- Join Us Live on Twitch for the Icy Veins Podcast
- US Federal Trade Commission "Likely to File Antitrust Lawsuit" to Block Microsoft Acquisition of Activision Blizzard
- Hearthstone March of the Lich King Shaman Card Reveal Recap: November 20th
- Blizzard in China: All the Details, Rumors and New Information
- Hearthstone March of the Lich King Warrior Card Reveal Recap: November 19th
- NetEase Message to Chinese Blizzard Game Players
- Runestones - an accounting error?
- Dalaran Heist Mage Guide
- Dalaran Heist Priest Guide
- Battlegrounds Patches the Pirate
- Battlegrounds Vanndar Stormpike