Ebon Dragonsmith — Neutral Card
Table of Contents
Ebon Dragonsmith is a neutral minion. This card was introduced with Kobolds & Catacombs and can now only be obtained through crafting. Below the card images, you will find explanations to help you use the card optimally in every game mode of Hearthstone.
Ebon Dragonsmith loses one Mana's worth of stats for a potential two Mana saving if the condition of having a weapon in hand is met. This is a tough condition to balance, as you would like the deck to have enough weapons to always have one in hand when you play the Dragonsmith, but also to not over-saturate your hand with weapons, since you can only have one in play at a given time. This means that the Dragonsmith is not usually going to be a valuable card.
In Constructed play, Ebon Dragonsmith is too conditional to see play in competitive decks. If you are looking to use this card, it would be best suited to a Dragon Warrior deck so as to take advantage of the Dragon aspect of the card and lower the downside in the games where the weapon cost reduction does not work out as hoped.
In Arena, Ebon Dragonsmith is not usually a good card. The upside is usually not enough to counteract the loss of stats. On top of this, the unreliable nature of the cost reduction when you have multiple weapons in hand means that even when the Battlecry is activated, it will sometimes hit a weapon that you were not intending to play.
- Activision Blizzard Halts New Sales in Russia
- Activision Blizzard Q4 2021 Financial Results
- Blizzard Lead Mike Ybarra Teases Potential Announcements
- Blizzard Working on a New Survival Game for PC and Console
- Announcements We Can Expect this Week? (Speculation Post)
- A Message from Mike Ybarra
- An Excerpt from Bobby Kotick's Email to Staff
- Official Microsoft and Activision Blizzard Announcements on Acquisition
- Shellfish Mill Priest Deck
- Switcheroo Priest Deck
- Questline Hunter Deck
- Naga Fel Demon Hunter Deck
- Wild Only Cards
- Murloc Warlock Deck
- Pirate Rogue Deck
- Mech Paladin Deck