Ebon Dragonsmith — Neutral Card
Table of Contents
Ebon Dragonsmith is a neutral minion. This card can be obtained from Kobolds & Catacombs packs. Below the card images, you will find explanations to help you use the card optimally in every game mode of Hearthstone.
1. General Comments
Ebon Dragonsmith loses one Mana's worth of stats for a potential two Mana saving if the condition of having a weapon in hand is met. This is a tough condition to balance, as you would like the deck to have enough weapons to always have one in hand when you play the Dragonsmith, but also to not over-saturate your hand with weapons, since you can only have one in play at a given time. This means that the Dragonsmith is not usually going to be a valuable card.
2. Constructed Play
In Constructed play, Ebon Dragonsmith is too conditional to see play in competitive decks. If you are looking to use this card, it would be best suited to a Dragon Warrior deck so as to take advantage of the Dragon aspect of the card and lower the downside in the games where the weapon cost reduction does not work out as hoped.
In Arena, Ebon Dragonsmith is not usually a good card. The upside is usually not enough to counteract the loss of stats. On top of this, the unreliable nature of the cost reduction when you have multiple weapons in hand means that even when the Battlecry is activated, it will sometimes hit a weapon that you were not intending to play.
4. Icy Veins Decks that Contain this Card
There are currently no decks on Icy Veins that use this card.
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #25
- Check out What's Coming up in the Next Few Months
- Tavern Brawl: Pick a Hand, Any Hand
- HGG Cheer: Win a Card Back, Packs & Twitch Emotes
- BlizzCon Virtual Ticket, Goody Bag, Mobile App, More
- Special Event: Rise for Days of the Frozen Throne!
- September 2018 Ranked Play Season - On the Level
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #24
- Basic Shaman Deck
- Hearthstone Hunter Spells, Minions, and Weapons
- Malygos Rogue
- Puzzle Lab's Lethal Puzzles
- Arena Priest Tier Lists
- Monster Hunt Progress Thread
- Secret Paladin Wild