The Darkness — Neutral Card
Table of Contents
The Darkness is a neutral minion. This card can be obtained from Kobolds & Catacombs packs. Below the card images, you will find explanations to help you use the card optimally in every game mode of Hearthstone.
1. General Comments
The Darkness is an extremely powerful minion that shuffles 3 Darkness Candles into the opponent's deck. Until all 3 Candles have been drawn, The Darkness simply takes up space on the board by remaining dormant. Although it has extremely powerful stats, as the minion eventually activates from opponent's card draw, it is likely to activate on their turn and therefore gives time them the ability to remove the minion before it is able to attack.
2. Constructed Play
In Constructed, The Darkness is far too slow and vulnerable to removal to be used as a legitimate threat in decks. However, the ability to shuffle multiple copies of a card into opponents' decks allows the card to be used as a niche tech card to target Highlander decks.
In Arena, The Darkness is a terrible card. As Arena games usually finish while players still have plenty of cards in their deck, opponents will almost never draw enough cards to allow The Darkness to activate.
- Rastakhan's Rumble Card Reveal Schedule
- Belligerent Gnome Reveal: Rastakhan's Rumble
- Ticket Scalper & Heavy Metal! Reveals: Rastakhan's Rumble
- BlizzCon 2018 Diablo Immortal Press Conference Recap
- R/Hearthstone BlizzCon 2018 Interview
- Activision Blizzard Q3 2018 Earnings Call
- Time Out! Card Reveal by Wronchi
- Update 12.4: New Classic Cards & Rastakhan's Rumble Pre-Purchase
- Shaman Dungeon Run
- Control Warrior
- Malygos Rogue
- Basic Druid Deck
- UK Players
- Whats the cheapest class to get into?
- No +5 Druid decks yet?
- OTK Mage