The Darkness — Neutral Card
Table of Contents
The Darkness is a neutral minion. This card was introduced with Kobolds & Catacombs and can now only be obtained through crafting. Below the card images, you will find explanations to help you use the card optimally in every game mode of Hearthstone.
The Darkness is an extremely powerful minion that shuffles 3 Darkness Candles into the opponent's deck. Until all 3 Candles have been drawn, The Darkness simply takes up space on the board by remaining dormant. Although it has extremely powerful stats, as the minion eventually activates from opponent's card draw, it is likely to activate on their turn and therefore gives time them the ability to remove the minion before it is able to attack.
In Constructed, The Darkness is far too slow and vulnerable to removal to be used as a legitimate threat in decks. However, the ability to shuffle multiple copies of a card into opponents' decks allows the card to be used as a niche tech card to target Highlander decks.
In Arena, The Darkness is a terrible card. As Arena games usually finish while players still have plenty of cards in their deck, opponents will almost never draw enough cards to allow The Darkness to activate.
- Hearthstone 17.2.2 Client Patch Now Live
- Hearthstone Balance Patch: Buffs & Nerfs Coming on Monday
- Activision Blizzard Q1 2020 Earnings Call: Shadowlands Still Planned for 2020
- Duplicate Cards in Season Rewards Chest
- Virtual Take Your Child to Work Day at Blizzard
- Nine Card Nerfs Are Coming Next Week
- Amazing Diablo 1 Trailer Remake With a Lot of New Footage
- 17.0.1 Server Hotfix
- Return of the Mechazod Brawl
- Dalaran Heist help please
- Tombs of Terror Sir Finley
- Tombs of Terror Brann Bronzebeard
- Battlegrounds Hero Tier List
- Highlander Hunter - Ashes of Outland April 2020 - Zeh's Rank 1 Legend
- Quest Warrior - Ashes of Outland April 2020 - Kibler's
- Aggro Egg Warrior - Ashes of Outland April 2020 - Zeeland's