The Darkness — Neutral Card
Table of Contents
The Darkness is a neutral minion. This card was introduced with Kobolds & Catacombs and can now only be obtained through crafting. Below the card images, you will find explanations to help you use the card optimally in every game mode of Hearthstone.
The Darkness is an extremely powerful minion that shuffles 3 Darkness Candles into the opponent's deck. Until all 3 Candles have been drawn, The Darkness simply takes up space on the board by remaining dormant. Although it has extremely powerful stats, as the minion eventually activates from opponent's card draw, it is likely to activate on their turn and therefore gives time them the ability to remove the minion before it is able to attack.
In Constructed, The Darkness is far too slow and vulnerable to removal to be used as a legitimate threat in decks. However, the ability to shuffle multiple copies of a card into opponents' decks allows the card to be used as a niche tech card to target Highlander decks.
In Arena, The Darkness is a terrible card. As Arena games usually finish while players still have plenty of cards in their deck, opponents will almost never draw enough cards to allow The Darkness to activate.
- BlizzCon 2023 in Coming on Nov 3-4
- Icy Veins is Getting a New Look
- Activision Blizzard Announces First Quarter 2023 Financial Results
- BlizzCon 2023 Update by Blizzard President Mike Ybarra
- A Misunderstanding May Have Been the Cause of Activision Blizzard Games Not Being Available in China
- End-of-Year Blizzard Update
- US Federal Trade Commission Files Suit to Block Microsoft Acquisition of Activision Blizzard
- Join Us Live on Twitch for the Icy Veins Podcast
- Classic Freeze Mage Deck
- Classic Miracle Rogue Deck
- Skeleton Mage Deck
- Gruul the Dragonkiller Challenge
- Classic Face Hunter Deck