Dragon Soul — Priest Card
Table of Contents
Dragon Soul is a Priest-only weapon. This card was introduced with Kobolds & Catacombs and can now only be obtained through crafting. Below the card images, you will find explanations to help you use the card optimally in every game mode of Hearthstone.
Each class was given a Legendary Weapon in the Kobolds and Catacombs expansion. Dragon Soul is the one that was given to Priest. It does not act like a traditional weapon, in that it is not expected to be able to attack, but instead acts like a continuous effect that will trigger every time its criteria is met. Although Priest tends to like to keep a hand full of cards and use its options sparingly, Dragon Soul still has synergy with Lyra the Sunshard, Power Word: Shield, and Gadgetzan Auctioneer.
In Constructed play, Dragon Soul can be used with cheap spells, Gadgetzan Auctioneer, and Lyra the Sunshard to generate some additional value. However, it should be noted that the first 5/5 you make is not really free, as you could have included a minion in your deck. That means that you will need to activate Dragon Soul at least twice to make it a valid part of your deck construction.
Dragon Soul is not a good card in Arena, due to the requirement to have a very spell-heavy deck. Arena decks prefer to have a large number of minions, and having to cast three spells in a turn just to get a 5/5 Dragon is very restrictive.
- BlizzCon 2023 in Coming on Nov 3-4
- Icy Veins is Getting a New Look
- Activision Blizzard Announces First Quarter 2023 Financial Results
- BlizzCon 2023 Update by Blizzard President Mike Ybarra
- A Misunderstanding May Have Been the Cause of Activision Blizzard Games Not Being Available in China
- End-of-Year Blizzard Update
- US Federal Trade Commission Files Suit to Block Microsoft Acquisition of Activision Blizzard
- Join Us Live on Twitch for the Icy Veins Podcast
- Classic Freeze Mage Deck
- Classic Miracle Rogue Deck
- Skeleton Mage Deck
- Gruul the Dragonkiller Challenge
- Classic Face Hunter Deck