Celestial Emissary — Mage Card
Table of Contents
Celestial Emissary is a Mage-only minion. This card was introducd with from The Boomsday Project and can now only be obtained through crafting. Below the card images, you will find explanations to help you use the card optimally in every game mode of Hearthstone.
Celestial Emissary is neither a popular card in Standard nor the Arena. Though the Battlecry effect on Celestial Emissary seems like the perfect complement to Unexpected Results, the combination of these two cards has proven itself to be far less powerful than most players had expected before the release of The Boomsday Project.
Despite the popularity of Tempo Mage in the current metagame, Celestial Emissary has not been a popular card in Standard. The repeated Spell Damage bonus which comes from Cosmic Anomaly makes it substantially stronger than Celestial Emissary, which can only be used to power up a single spell. For Celestial Emissary to earn its keep in Constructed, I would expect that an Elemental Mage deck would need to surface.
A 2 Mana 2/1 is quite weak in the Arena, where it is also difficult to draft numerous cards which will benefit from Celestial Emissary's Battlecry. I would avoid drafting Celestial Emissary unless I was in dire need of a 2 drop.
- Global Battle.net Rolling Out Today
- No BlizzCon Planned for 2021
- IGN Report on Blizzard Departures and the Company's Future, With Insider Info
- From the Vault: The Overwatch Anniversary 2021 Collection Live on the Blizzard Store
- Enthusiast Gaming Acquires Icy Veins
- Activision Blizzard Q1 2021 Earnings Call
- New Leadership for Overwatch After Jeff Kaplan Leaves Blizzard
- David Kim Leaves Blizzard (WoW Principal Designer and Former Diablo 4 Lead Systems Designer)
- Clown Druid Deck - Forged in the Barrens
- Battlegrounds Hero Tier List
- Hmm.. world first?
- Illidan Stormrage Challenge
- Illidan Stormrage challenge impossible in new season
- Houndmaster Monster Hunter
- Hearthstone Gold Guide
- Classic Midrange Combo Druid Deck