Explosive Runes — Mage Card
Table of Contents
Explosive Runes is a Mage-only spell. This card can be obtained from Kobolds & Catacombs packs. Below the card images, you will find explanations to help you use the card optimally in every game mode of Hearthstone.
1. General Comments
Explosive Runes is a powerful Secret that functions similarly to the Hunter Secret Snipe. However, the excess damage overflowing the enemy Hero greatly boosts the strength of the card and deters opponents from trying to trigger the Secret with weak minions.
2. Constructed Play
In Constructed, Explosive Runes is a solid card for Mage decks that try to kill opponents with direct damage. The card forces opponents into very awkward situations by forcing them to either sacrifice powerful minions or take a large amount of damage to their Hero.
In Arena, Explosive Runes is a below-average card. In Arena, tempo is much more important than Health, so opponents will often use cheap minions to trigger the Secret and then build a stronger board presence.
4. Icy Veins Decks that Contain this Card
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #25
- Check out What's Coming up in the Next Few Months
- Tavern Brawl: Pick a Hand, Any Hand
- HGG Cheer: Win a Card Back, Packs & Twitch Emotes
- BlizzCon Virtual Ticket, Goody Bag, Mobile App, More
- Special Event: Rise for Days of the Frozen Throne!
- September 2018 Ranked Play Season - On the Level
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #24
- Basic Shaman Deck
- Hearthstone Hunter Spells, Minions, and Weapons
- Malygos Rogue
- Puzzle Lab's Lethal Puzzles
- Arena Priest Tier Lists
- Monster Hunt Progress Thread
- Secret Paladin Wild