Explosive Runes — Mage Card
Table of Contents
Explosive Runes is a Mage-only spell. This card can be obtained from Kobolds & Catacombs packs. Below the card images, you will find explanations to help you use the card optimally in every game mode of Hearthstone.
1. General Comments
Explosive Runes is a powerful Secret that functions similarly to the Hunter Secret Snipe. However, the excess damage overflowing the enemy Hero greatly boosts the strength of the card and deters opponents from trying to trigger the Secret with weak minions.
2. Constructed Play
In Constructed, Explosive Runes is a solid card for Mage decks that try to kill opponents with direct damage. The card forces opponents into very awkward situations by forcing them to either sacrifice powerful minions or take a large amount of damage to their Hero.
In Arena, Explosive Runes is a below-average card. In Arena, tempo is much more important than Health, so opponents will often use cheap minions to trigger the Secret and then build a stronger board presence.
4. Icy Veins Decks that Contain this Card
- Stargazer Luna Revealed from The Boomsday Project
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #20
- The Boomsday Pre-Orders & Minion Type Changes Now Available
- New Hearthstone Expansion Announced: The Boomsday Project [Updated]
- Tavern Talk #2: Past and New Heroes, Balance Frequency, Community Card Art
- Hearthstone Public Gathering Spot Teaser
- Upcoming Minion Type Adjustments
- July 2018 Ranked Play Season: Lightforged Card Back
- Boomsday Project Hub
- Time-Tinker Monster Hunter
- Is the game dying?
- Token Druid
- Even Warrior
- Tracker Monster Hunter
- Big Spell Mage
- Recruit Warrior