Ice Walker — Mage Card
Table of Contents
Ice Walker is a Mage-only minion. This card was introduced with Knights of the Frozen Throne and can now only be obtained through crafting. Below the card images, you will find explanations to help you use the card optimally in every game mode of Hearthstone.
Ice Walker allows you to take care of your opponent's largest minion, but for a high Mana cost. Ice Waker does not have very high stats, and so needs to be protected if it is to survive long enough to make the effect relevant across multiple turns.
Ice Walker's main strength is that it allows the Mage to ignore large enemy minions for the cost of 2 Mana. The trouble is that it is hard to protect, and that Mage already has other spells such as Polymorph that do the job permanently. This card would need to be played in decks with more synergy with the Freeze mechanic, such as Blizzard, but such uses are very slow and awkward, making Ice Walker a poor card in Constructed.
Ice Walker is a poor card in Arena. The stats are not good enough for a 2-drop, and the effect is too Mana-intensive, which means that it will stunt board development without impacting the opposing board enough. If it were to be used as a control card in the late game, it would be too easy to remove.
- Global Battle.net Rolling Out Today
- No BlizzCon Planned for 2021
- IGN Report on Blizzard Departures and the Company's Future, With Insider Info
- From the Vault: The Overwatch Anniversary 2021 Collection Live on the Blizzard Store
- Enthusiast Gaming Acquires Icy Veins
- Activision Blizzard Q1 2021 Earnings Call
- New Leadership for Overwatch After Jeff Kaplan Leaves Blizzard
- David Kim Leaves Blizzard (WoW Principal Designer and Former Diablo 4 Lead Systems Designer)
- Clown Druid Deck - Forged in the Barrens
- Battlegrounds Hero Tier List
- Hmm.. world first?
- Illidan Stormrage Challenge
- Illidan Stormrage challenge impossible in new season
- Houndmaster Monster Hunter
- Hearthstone Gold Guide
- Classic Midrange Combo Druid Deck