Ice Walker — Mage Card
Table of Contents
Ice Walker is a Mage-only minion. This card was introduced with Knights of the Frozen Throne and can now only be obtained through crafting. Below the card images, you will find explanations to help you use the card optimally in every game mode of Hearthstone.
1. General Comments
Ice Walker allows you to take care of your opponent's largest minion, but for a high Mana cost. Ice Waker does not have very high stats, and so needs to be protected if it is to survive long enough to make the effect relevant across multiple turns.
2. Constructed Play
Ice Walker's main strength is that it allows the Mage to ignore large enemy minions for the cost of 2 Mana. The trouble is that it is hard to protect, and that Mage already has other spells such as Polymorph that do the job permanently. This card would need to be played in decks with more synergy with the Freeze mechanic, such as Blizzard, but such uses are very slow and awkward, making Ice Walker a poor card in Constructed.
Ice Walker is a poor card in Arena. The stats are not good enough for a 2-drop, and the effect is too Mana-intensive, which means that it will stunt board development without impacting the opposing board enough. If it were to be used as a control card in the late game, it would be too easy to remove.
- Ignoblegarden Is Live: Free Packs & Cards, Tavern Brawl
- Ignoblegarden (April 17th - April 21st)
- Rise of Shadows Hotfixes: April 10th
- Our Arena Rankings Are Up-to-Date for Rise of Shadows
- 10 New Decks to Try in Hearthstone: Rise of Shadows
- Rise of Shadows Is Live Worldwide
- Rise of Shadows Launch Times Announced
- "Diablo Immortal Pretty Much Ready" Says NetEase CFO
- hello icy-veins
- Is the game dying?
- Hearthstone Hunter Secrets
- Higher Chance for Epics? My 40 packs
- Zoo Warlock
- Arena Mage Tier Lists
- Pogo Rogue
- Dragon Mage