Giant Mastodon — Neutral Card
Table of Contents
Giant Mastodon is a neutral minion. This card was introduced with Journey to Un'Goro packs and can now only be obtained through crafting. Below the card images, you will find explanations to help you use the card optimally in every game mode of Hearthstone.
1. General Comments
Giant Mastodon is a huge minion, but at the cost of 9 Mana it is often too slow to prove worthwhile. 9 Mana cards can prove very difficult to play as you are rarely able to play anything else in the same turn. Highly expensive cards need to have a powerful Battlecry or other strong effect to be viable.
2. Constructed Play
In Constructed, Giant Mastodon is a borderline useless card. Despite having reasonable stats, its lack of immediate impact on the board make it far too weak to consider.
Although slower minions are generally more playable in Arena, Giant Mastodon is still generally too slow to be effective. When compared to a minion like Captured Jormungar, Giant Mastodon offers little extra in terms of stats but is still not able to come out until 2 turns later.
4. Icy Veins Decks that Contain this Card
There are currently no decks on Icy Veins that use this card.
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #25
- Check out What's Coming up in the Next Few Months
- Tavern Brawl: Pick a Hand, Any Hand
- HGG Cheer: Win a Card Back, Packs & Twitch Emotes
- BlizzCon Virtual Ticket, Goody Bag, Mobile App, More
- Special Event: Rise for Days of the Frozen Throne!
- September 2018 Ranked Play Season - On the Level
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #24
- Basic Shaman Deck
- Hearthstone Hunter Spells, Minions, and Weapons
- Malygos Rogue
- Puzzle Lab's Lethal Puzzles
- Arena Priest Tier Lists
- Monster Hunt Progress Thread
- Secret Paladin Wild