Giant Mastodon — Neutral Card
Table of Contents
Giant Mastodon is a neutral minion. This card was introduced with Journey to Un'Goro and can now only be obtained through crafting. Below the card images, you will find explanations to help you use the card optimally in every game mode of Hearthstone.
Giant Mastodon is a huge minion, but at the cost of 9 Mana it is often too slow to prove worthwhile. 9 Mana cards can prove very difficult to play as you are rarely able to play anything else in the same turn. Highly expensive cards need to have a powerful Battlecry or other strong effect to be viable.
In Constructed, Giant Mastodon is a borderline useless card. Despite having reasonable stats, its lack of immediate impact on the board make it far too weak to consider.
Although slower minions are generally more playable in Arena, Giant Mastodon is still generally too slow to be effective. When compared to a minion like Captured Jormungar, Giant Mastodon offers little extra in terms of stats but is still not able to come out until 2 turns later.
- Ranked Mode Overhaul Matchmaking FAQ
- The Best WarCraft Meme(s) of All Time
- Hearthstone 17.0 Update Hotfix Schedule
- Blizzard Sending Out Classic Burning Crusade Character Creation Surveys
- Diablo Community Manager Nevalistis Leaves Blizzard
- Free Decks for Returning Players Clarifications
- Ashes of Outland: 17.0 Patch Notes
- Save the Dates: What's Happening in Hearthstone Until Ashes of Outland Is Released
- Return of the Mechazod Brawl
- Control Priest
- Galakrond Zoo Warlock
- Why am I losing?
- Dragon Hunter
- Reno Mage Deck - Galakrond's Awakening 2020 - PapaJason's Top 50 Legend
- Highlander Galakrond Rogue Deck - Galakrond's Awakening February 2020 - Jambre's Rank 4 Legend
- Battlegrounds Strategy