Giant Mastodon — Neutral Card
Table of Contents
Giant Mastodon is a neutral minion. This card was introduced with Journey to Un'Goro and can now only be obtained through crafting. Below the card images, you will find explanations to help you use the card optimally in every game mode of Hearthstone.
Giant Mastodon is a huge minion, but at the cost of 9 Mana it is often too slow to prove worthwhile. 9 Mana cards can prove very difficult to play as you are rarely able to play anything else in the same turn. Highly expensive cards need to have a powerful Battlecry or other strong effect to be viable.
In Constructed, Giant Mastodon is a borderline useless card. Despite having reasonable stats, its lack of immediate impact on the board make it far too weak to consider.
Although slower minions are generally more playable in Arena, Giant Mastodon is still generally too slow to be effective. When compared to a minion like Captured Jormungar, Giant Mastodon offers little extra in terms of stats but is still not able to come out until 2 turns later.
- BlizzCon 2023 in Coming on Nov 3-4
- Icy Veins is Getting a New Look
- Activision Blizzard Announces First Quarter 2023 Financial Results
- BlizzCon 2023 Update by Blizzard President Mike Ybarra
- A Misunderstanding May Have Been the Cause of Activision Blizzard Games Not Being Available in China
- End-of-Year Blizzard Update
- US Federal Trade Commission Files Suit to Block Microsoft Acquisition of Activision Blizzard
- Join Us Live on Twitch for the Icy Veins Podcast
- Classic Freeze Mage Deck
- Classic Miracle Rogue Deck
- Skeleton Mage Deck
- Gruul the Dragonkiller Challenge
- Classic Face Hunter Deck