Hungry Ettin — Neutral Card
Table of Contents
Hungry Ettin is a neutral minion. This card can be obtained from Kobolds & Catacombs packs. Below the card images, you will find explanations to help you use the card optimally in every game mode of Hearthstone.
1. General Comments
Hungry Ettin is a brute force way to attempt to slow down your opponent. The downside of the card is that against decks that contain cheap removal for the Ettin, not only does your opponent gain the tempo benefit that they would get against other expensive minions, but they also get to keep their free 2-drop.
2. Constructed Play
Hungry Ettin is not usually the best option in Constructed, due to the presence of strong enemy removal cards. Even if the opponent cannot remove it easily, the minion generated will usually be able to attack into the Ettin, which means its stats are more like a 4/8 than a 4/10. There is also the occasional problem that it can summon Stubborn Gastropod, Doomsayer, or Patient Assassin for the opponent.
In Arena, Hungry Ettin is a reasonable card. If your opponent does not have a good removal spell to take care of the Ettin, it will take over the game and not only chew through the enemy army, but provide a solid defender to hide your other minions behind.
- Ticket Scalper & Heavy Metal! Reveals: Rastakhan's Rumble
- BlizzCon 2018 Diablo Immortal Press Conference Recap
- R/Hearthstone BlizzCon 2018 Interview
- Activision Blizzard Q3 2018 Earnings Call
- Time Out! Card Reveal by Wronchi
- Update 12.4: New Classic Cards & Rastakhan's Rumble Pre-Purchase
- Hearthstone Hits 100 Million Players, Rewards Inc!
- All Blizzard Franchises Will Have Mobile Titles
- Malygos Rogue
- Basic Druid Deck
- UK Players
- Whats the cheapest class to get into?
- No +5 Druid decks yet?
- OTK Mage
- Rastakhan's Rumble Hub
- Aggro Unite the Murlocs Quest Shaman Standard