Hungry Ettin — Neutral Card
Table of Contents
Hungry Ettin is a neutral minion. This card was introduced with Kobolds & Catacombs and can now only be obtained through crafting. Below the card images, you will find explanations to help you use the card optimally in every game mode of Hearthstone.
Hungry Ettin is a brute force way to attempt to slow down your opponent. The downside of the card is that against decks that contain cheap removal for the Ettin, not only does your opponent gain the tempo benefit that they would get against other expensive minions, but they also get to keep their free 2-drop.
Hungry Ettin is not usually the best option in Constructed, due to the presence of strong enemy removal cards. Even if the opponent cannot remove it easily, the minion generated will usually be able to attack into the Ettin, which means its stats are more like a 4/8 than a 4/10. There is also the occasional problem that it can summon Stubborn Gastropod, Doomsayer, or for the opponent.
In Arena, Hungry Ettin is a reasonable card. If your opponent does not have a good removal spell to take care of the Ettin, it will take over the game and not only chew through the enemy army, but provide a solid defender to hide your other minions behind.
- Activision Blizzard Has Fired 20 Employees Over Harassment Claims and More
- Blizzard Working on an Unannounced Open-World RPG Shooter
- Global Battle.net Maintenance: October 6th
- Activision Blizzard Reaches Agreement with the EEOC
- In Celebration Of Diablo 2: Resurrected, We're Discounting Our Premium Subscription
- Overwatch 2 Executive Departs from Activision Blizzard
- The SEC Launches Activision Blizzard Investigation
- Launching Log Reviews for WoW PvE & Diablo 3 Character Reviews
- Hearthstone Mercenaries
- Lady Vashj
- Face Hunter
- Basic Mage Deck
- The Lich King
- Handbuff Paladin Deck - United in Stormwind
- Hearthstone Chess
- Illidan Stormrage Challenge