Kobold Librarian — Warlock Card
Table of Contents
Kobold Librarian is a Warlock-only minion. This card can be obtained from Kobolds & Catacombs packs. Below the card images, you will find explanations to help you use the card optimally in every game mode of Hearthstone.
1. General Comments
Kobold Librarian is a fantastic card in almost all circumstances. For an example of why it is so good, take a look at Loot Hoarder which is a card played in many decks. In comparison to Loot Hoarder, the Librarian's Mana cost is lower, and the card draw is easier to activate. In the early game, a 2/1 minion is fine to occupy the board with. In the late-game most 1-Mana cards often become undesirable, and the Librarian avoids this problem by simply drawing another card. The downside of taking 2 damage is almost negligible when evaluated alongside all of the upsides.
2. Constructed Play
In Constructed play, Kobold Librarian fits in almost all archetypes of Warlock. In Zoo decks, the card draw and early minion are a great way to keep hold of resources. In Control decks, the ability to draw a card for 1 Mana and 2 Health is simply better than a Life Tap. The 2/1 body is a nice bonus which comes alongside this.
In Arena, Kobold Librarian is a very strong card. At worst, it will cycle and do a little damage, while at best it is an early challenge to the enemy board which uses practically no resources.
4. Icy Veins Decks that Contain this Card
- This Week's Tavern Brawl: A Witchy Recipe
- Shudderwock Animation Speed & Battlecry Cap to Be Fixed Soon
- Ben Brode Leaves Blizzard
- Hearthside Chat: Monster Hunt
- Blizzard Balance Gifting Now Available
- Ben Brode Answers Unsolved Hearthstone Mysteries
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #14
- What's the Move #21 - Azari Incoming!
- Primalfin totem vs Baku Paladin
- Dungeon Runs
- Competitive Concedestone
- Mad Magician
- Hearthstone Shaman Spells, Minions, and Weapons
- Basic Warrior Deck
- Spiteful Druid Archetype
- The art of free to play