Cave Hydra — Hunter Card
Table of Contents
Cave Hydra is a Hunter-only minion. This card can be obtained from Kobolds & Catacombs packs. Below the card images, you will find explanations to help you use the card optimally in every game mode of Hearthstone.
1. General Comments
Cave Hydra's ability makes it a prime target for buff effects. If you are able to attack with a buffed Cave Hydra into a large opposing board, it has the potential to wipe out three minions in one hit. The difficulty with this is making sure that the Hydra can defend itself, as the effect does not trigger when minions attack into it.
2. Constructed Play
In Constructed play, Cave Hydra has great synergy with Houndmaster. In games where you can control the board early and get a buffed Cave Hydra on Turn 4, the Hydra becomes an extremely efficient minion. However, this scenario is difficult to set up, and the Hydra is a poor card unless it can be defended with a buff or hidden behind a Taunt minion.
In Arena, Cave Hydra is a poor card. Although its effect is alluring, it is too difficult to play the Hydra and have it survive to your next turn so that it can have an impact.
4. Icy Veins Decks that Contain this Card
There are currently no decks on Icy Veins that use this card.
- Stargazer Luna Revealed from The Boomsday Project
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #20
- The Boomsday Pre-Orders & Minion Type Changes Now Available
- New Hearthstone Expansion Announced: The Boomsday Project [Updated]
- Tavern Talk #2: Past and New Heroes, Balance Frequency, Community Card Art
- Hearthstone Public Gathering Spot Teaser
- Upcoming Minion Type Adjustments
- July 2018 Ranked Play Season: Lightforged Card Back
- Boomsday Project Hub
- Time-Tinker Monster Hunter
- Is the game dying?
- Token Druid
- Even Warrior
- Tracker Monster Hunter
- Big Spell Mage
- Recruit Warrior