Cave Hydra — Hunter Card
Table of Contents
Cave Hydra is a Hunter-only minion. This card was introduced with Kobolds & Catacombs and can now only be obtained through crafting. Below the card images, you will find explanations to help you use the card optimally in every game mode of Hearthstone.
Cave Hydra's ability makes it a prime target for buff effects. If you are able to attack with a buffed Cave Hydra into a large opposing board, it has the potential to wipe out three minions in one hit. The difficulty with this is making sure that the Hydra can defend itself, as the effect does not trigger when minions attack into it.
In Constructed play, Cave Hydra has great synergy with Houndmaster. In games where you can control the board early and get a buffed Cave Hydra on Turn 4, the Hydra becomes an extremely efficient minion. However, this scenario is difficult to set up, and the Hydra is a poor card unless it can be defended with a buff or hidden behind a Taunt minion.
In Arena, Cave Hydra is a poor card. Although its effect is alluring, it is too difficult to play the Hydra and have it survive to your next turn so that it can have an impact.
- A Different Kind of Letter from Activision Blizzard Executive Fran Townsend
- South Park's Sword of a Thousands Truths (Boars Included) to Be Added to Hearthstone
- United in Stormwind is Hearthstone's Latest Expansion
- Global Battle.net Rolling Out Today
- No BlizzCon Planned for 2021
- IGN Report on Blizzard Departures and the Company's Future, With Insider Info
- From the Vault: The Overwatch Anniversary 2021 Collection Live on the Blizzard Store
- Enthusiast Gaming Acquires Icy Veins
- Prince Arthas Boss Guide
- Tracker Monster Hunter
- Classic Control Paladin Deck
- Book of Heroes Thrall
- Illidan Stormrage Challenge
- Chenvaala Priest Deck
- Teron Gorefiend Challenge
- Clown Druid Deck - Forged in the Barrens