Cave Hydra — Hunter Card
Table of Contents
Cave Hydra is a Hunter-only minion. This card was introduced with Kobolds & Catacombs and can now only be obtained through crafting. Below the card images, you will find explanations to help you use the card optimally in every game mode of Hearthstone.
Cave Hydra's ability makes it a prime target for buff effects. If you are able to attack with a buffed Cave Hydra into a large opposing board, it has the potential to wipe out three minions in one hit. The difficulty with this is making sure that the Hydra can defend itself, as the effect does not trigger when minions attack into it.
In Constructed play, Cave Hydra has great synergy with Houndmaster. In games where you can control the board early and get a buffed Cave Hydra on Turn 4, the Hydra becomes an extremely efficient minion. However, this scenario is difficult to set up, and the Hydra is a poor card unless it can be defended with a buff or hidden behind a Taunt minion.
In Arena, Cave Hydra is a poor card. Although its effect is alluring, it is too difficult to play the Hydra and have it survive to your next turn so that it can have an impact.
- World First Diablo 2 + LoD Speed Run in Under 1 Hour
- Diablo 2 Remaster? A "Classic Revival" to Be Announced at IGN Summer
- BlizzCon 2020 Cancelled, New Plans Being Worked On
- Hearthstone 17.2.2 Client Patch Now Live
- Hearthstone Balance Patch: Buffs & Nerfs Coming on Monday
- Activision Blizzard Q1 2020 Earnings Call: Shadowlands Still Planned for 2020
- Duplicate Cards in Season Rewards Chest
- Virtual Take Your Child to Work Day at Blizzard
- Return of the Mechazod Brawl
- Dalaran Heist help please
- Tombs of Terror Sir Finley
- Tombs of Terror Brann Bronzebeard
- Battlegrounds Hero Tier List
- Highlander Hunter - Ashes of Outland April 2020 - Zeh's Rank 1 Legend
- Quest Warrior - Ashes of Outland April 2020 - Kibler's
- Aggro Egg Warrior - Ashes of Outland April 2020 - Zeeland's