Cave Hydra — Hunter Card
Table of Contents
Cave Hydra is a Hunter-only minion. This card was introduced with Kobolds & Catacombs and can now only be obtained through crafting. Below the card images, you will find explanations to help you use the card optimally in every game mode of Hearthstone.
Cave Hydra's ability makes it a prime target for buff effects. If you are able to attack with a buffed Cave Hydra into a large opposing board, it has the potential to wipe out three minions in one hit. The difficulty with this is making sure that the Hydra can defend itself, as the effect does not trigger when minions attack into it.
In Constructed play, Cave Hydra has great synergy with Houndmaster. In games where you can control the board early and get a buffed Cave Hydra on Turn 4, the Hydra becomes an extremely efficient minion. However, this scenario is difficult to set up, and the Hydra is a poor card unless it can be defended with a buff or hidden behind a Taunt minion.
In Arena, Cave Hydra is a poor card. Although its effect is alluring, it is too difficult to play the Hydra and have it survive to your next turn so that it can have an impact.
- Timeline of Blizzard Presidents
- Johanna Faires Appointed Blizzard Entertainment President
- Will Microsoft Outsource Customer Support to External Companies?
- Blizzard Survival Game, Codenamed Odyssey, Was Cancelled Due to Engine Problems
- Microsoft Lays Off 1,900 Activision Blizzard and Xbox Employees
- Blizzard Celebrates the End of 2023 and Looks Ahead to 2024
- Microsoft Announced Xbox Leadership Changes Amid Bobby Kotick's Departure
- Microsoft Gaming CEO Phil Spencer Enthusiastic About Reviving Blizzard Franchises
- Hearthstone Telegram Bot
- Houndmaster Monster Hunter
- Rumble Run Mage Guide
- The Rate/Improve my deck thread.
- Standard Tier List