Venomstrike Trap — Hunter Card
Table of Contents
Venomstrike Trap is a Hunter-only spell. This card can be obtained from Knights of the Frozen Throne packs. Below the card images, you will find explanations to help you use the card optimally in every game mode of Hearthstone.
1. General Comments
Venomstrike Trap is a relatively straightforward Secret that spawns a 2/3 Poisonous minion when triggered (essentially an Emperor Cobra). As the Secret spawns a 3-Mana minion when triggered, it is very comparable to Cat Trick, however as the minion lacks Stealth, it is much easier for opponents to play around it as the minion can be killed immediately.
2. Constructed Play
In Constructed, Venomstrike Trap is a good choice for any Hunter deck that wishes to include Secrets. It is interchangeable with Snake Trap, as it shares the same trigger and offers comparable value.
In Arena, Venomstrike Trap is a reasonable card. In most situations your opponent will want to trade with your minions, so the Secret will often be trigger fairly quickly, providing an Emperor Cobra for 2 Mana.
4. Icy Veins Decks that Contain this Card
- Four Common Hearthstone Mistakes And How To Prevent Them
- Odd & Even Hearthside Chat with 4 Cards Revealed
- Patch 10.4: Arena Changes & The Witchwood Pre-Order
- "The Witchwood" Announced As Latest Hearthstone Expansion
- Icy Veins Class Writer Applications Closing Soon
- What's the Move #18 - Figuring out Fatigue
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #11
- Patch 10.4 Bringing Big Changes, Blizzcon Cards To The Arena
- Witchwood Worth it?
- The Witchwood Expansion Hub
- Throwback Decks
- Help me build this warrior
- The Lich King
- Wild Paladin OTK Deck
- OTK Djinni Priest Standard
- New player looking for deck building advice please