Venomstrike Trap — Hunter Card
Table of Contents
Venomstrike Trap is a Hunter-only spell. This card can be obtained from Knights of the Frozen Throne packs. Below the card images, you will find explanations to help you use the card optimally in every game mode of Hearthstone.
1. General Comments
Venomstrike Trap is a relatively straightforward Secret that spawns a 2/3 Poisonous minion when triggered (essentially an Emperor Cobra). As the Secret spawns a 3-Mana minion when triggered, it is very comparable to Cat Trick, however as the minion lacks Stealth, it is much easier for opponents to play around it as the minion can be killed immediately.
2. Constructed Play
In Constructed, Venomstrike Trap is a good choice for any Hunter deck that wishes to include Secrets. It is interchangeable with Snake Trap, as it shares the same trigger and offers comparable value.
In Arena, Venomstrike Trap is a reasonable card. In most situations your opponent will want to trade with your minions, so the Secret will often be trigger fairly quickly, providing an Emperor Cobra for 2 Mana.
4. Icy Veins Decks that Contain this Card
- Magnetic Hearthside Chat Shows Off New Mechanic, Reveals Four New Cards
- The Midsummer Fire Festival Has Returned
- Menacing Nimbus Card Reveal
- Stargazer Luna Revealed from The Boomsday Project
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #20
- The Boomsday Pre-Orders & Minion Type Changes Now Available
- New Hearthstone Expansion Announced: The Boomsday Project [Updated]
- Tavern Talk #2: Past and New Heroes, Balance Frequency, Community Card Art
- Boomsday Project Hub
- Time-Tinker Monster Hunter
- Is the game dying?
- Token Druid
- Even Warrior
- Tracker Monster Hunter
- Big Spell Mage
- Recruit Warrior