Wandering Monster — Hunter Card
Table of Contents
Wandering Monster is a Hunter-only spell. This card can be obtained from Kobolds & Catacombs packs. Below the card images, you will find explanations to help you use the card optimally in every game mode of Hearthstone.
1. General Comments
Wandering Monster is a Secret that redirects an Attack away from your Hero to a random 3-Cost minion that is spawned. As the minion spawned is random, the value of the Secret is hard to evaluate. Its effect can range from spawning a powerful minion such as Unlicensed Apothecary to doing little more than negating an attack if a weak minion like Blubber Baron is summoned.
2. Constructed Play
In Constructed, Wandering Monster is a strong choice for Hunter decks that wish to take advantage of Secret synergies. The card can also be considered in most other Hunter decks, however the high variance of its effect can make it less desirable than other 2-Cost cards.
In Arena, Wandering Monster is a reasonable card. As Wandering Monster is only likely to be triggered when behind on the board, it loses a lot of value. However, its effect is strong enough that it is still worth considering, even in very aggressive decks.
4. Icy Veins Decks that Contain this Card
- Stargazer Luna Revealed from The Boomsday Project
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #20
- The Boomsday Pre-Orders & Minion Type Changes Now Available
- New Hearthstone Expansion Announced: The Boomsday Project [Updated]
- Tavern Talk #2: Past and New Heroes, Balance Frequency, Community Card Art
- Hearthstone Public Gathering Spot Teaser
- Upcoming Minion Type Adjustments
- July 2018 Ranked Play Season: Lightforged Card Back
- Boomsday Project Hub
- Time-Tinker Monster Hunter
- Is the game dying?
- Token Druid
- Even Warrior
- Tracker Monster Hunter
- Big Spell Mage
- Recruit Warrior