Wandering Monster — Hunter Card
Table of Contents
Wandering Monster is a Hunter-only spell. This card can be obtained from Kobolds & Catacombs packs. Below the card images, you will find explanations to help you use the card optimally in every game mode of Hearthstone.
1. General Comments
Wandering Monster is a Secret that redirects an Attack away from your Hero to a random 3-Cost minion that is spawned. As the minion spawned is random, the value of the Secret is hard to evaluate. Its effect can range from spawning a powerful minion such as Unlicensed Apothecary to doing little more than negating an attack if a weak minion like Blubber Baron is summoned.
2. Constructed Play
In Constructed, Wandering Monster is a strong choice for Hunter decks that wish to take advantage of Secret synergies. The card can also be considered in most other Hunter decks, however the high variance of its effect can make it less desirable than other 2-Cost cards.
In Arena, Wandering Monster is a reasonable card. As Wandering Monster is only likely to be triggered when behind on the board, it loses a lot of value. However, its effect is strong enough that it is still worth considering, even in very aggressive decks.
4. Icy Veins Decks that Contain this Card
- This Week's Tavern Brawl: A Witchy Recipe
- Shudderwock Animation Speed & Battlecry Cap to Be Fixed Soon
- Ben Brode Leaves Blizzard
- Hearthside Chat: Monster Hunt
- Blizzard Balance Gifting Now Available
- Ben Brode Answers Unsolved Hearthstone Mysteries
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #14
- What's the Move #21 - Azari Incoming!
- Primalfin totem vs Baku Paladin
- Dungeon Runs
- Competitive Concedestone
- Mad Magician
- Hearthstone Shaman Spells, Minions, and Weapons
- Basic Warrior Deck
- Spiteful Druid Archetype
- The art of free to play