Wandering Monster — Hunter Card
Table of Contents
Wandering Monster is a Hunter-only spell. This card was introduced with Kobolds & Catacombs and can now only be obtained through crafting. Below the card images, you will find explanations to help you use the card optimally in every game mode of Hearthstone.
Wandering Monster is a Secret that redirects an Attack away from your Hero to a random 3-Cost minion that is spawned. As the minion spawned is random, the value of the Secret is hard to evaluate. Its effect can range from spawning a powerful minion such as Unlicensed Apothecary to doing little more than negating an attack if a weak minion like Blubber Baron is summoned.
In Constructed, Wandering Monster is a strong choice for Hunter decks that wish to take advantage of Secret synergies. The card can also be considered in most other Hunter decks, however the high variance of its effect can make it less desirable than other 2-Cost cards.
In Arena, Wandering Monster is a reasonable card. As Wandering Monster is only likely to be triggered when behind on the board, it loses a lot of value. However, its effect is strong enough that it is still worth considering, even in very aggressive decks.
- Join Us Live on Twitch for the Icy Veins Podcast
- US Federal Trade Commission "Likely to File Antitrust Lawsuit" to Block Microsoft Acquisition of Activision Blizzard
- Hearthstone March of the Lich King Shaman Card Reveal Recap: November 20th
- Blizzard in China: All the Details, Rumors and New Information
- Hearthstone March of the Lich King Warrior Card Reveal Recap: November 19th
- NetEase Message to Chinese Blizzard Game Players
- NetEase Responds to Blizzard Licensing Agreement Expiration
- Most Blizzard Game Services to Be Suspended in China on January 23rd
- Jailer Paladin Deck
- Questline Hunter Deck
- Big Beast Hunter Deck
- Miracle Priest Deck
- XL Beast Hunter Deck