Jan'alai, the Dragonhawk — Mage Card
Table of Contents
Jan'alai, the Dragonhawk is a Mage-only minion. This card was introduced with Rastakhan's Rumble and can now only be obtained through crafting. Below the card images, you will find explanations to help you use the card optimally in every game mode of Hearthstone.
Jan'alai, the Dragonhawk is a powerful card that requires frequent Hero Power usage to summon the powerful Ragnaros the Firelord. Due to the large amount of Hero Power damage needed, assistance from cards like Daring Fire-Eater is often needed to help boost the number.
In Constructed, Jan'alai sees play across a large number of Mage decks ranging from Aggro to Control. While the condition of the card can be difficult to meet, the sheer tempo and value of summoning Ragnaros the Firelord, in addition to a 4/4 body, for just 7 Mana is unparalleled.
In Arena, Jan'alai is an underwhelming card. While the card can be extremely powerful when full-powered, it is far too slow in Arena and games will often be over before the 8 Hero Power damage requirement is met.
- Battle.net Black Friday Sale: Up to 67% Off
- Mike Ybbara on Blizzard's Approach to Meeting Player Demands
- BlizzCon 2023 Stream and Announcements Summary
- BlizzCon 2023 Bingo Collection
- WoW Battle Pet and Hearthstone Card Back Promotion From Warcraft Rumble
- Warcraft Rumble Released a Day Early and Is Rolling Out Now!
- BlizzCon 2023 Broadcast Schedule
- Microsoft Leaders Visit Blizzard Post $69B Acquisition, Hint at Brighter, Autonomous Future
- Standard Tier List
- Battlegrounds Special Cards
- Classic Freeze Mage Deck
- Classic Miracle Rogue Deck
- Skeleton Mage Deck