Gilded Gargoyle — Priest Card
Table of Contents
Gilded Gargoyle is a Priest-only minion. This card was introduced with Kobolds & Catacombs and can now only be obtained through crafting. Below the card images, you will find explanations to help you use the card optimally in every game mode of Hearthstone.
Gilded Gargoyle offers a trade-off between some bad short-term value and the opportunity cost to make most of that value up later in the game. If you simply calculate the numbers on this card, it seems that it is not a good card at all. However, there are some interactions that make it a viable card in Constructed play.
In Constructed play, Gilded Gargoyle is surprisingly decent. Despite its bad stats, the interactions it has with Lyra the Sunshard, , Shadowreaper Anduin, and Lesser Diamond Spellstone mean that is more valuable than the actual tempo loss in some variants of Priest. In Highlander Priest in particular, Gilded Gargoyle is a playable card.
Gilded Gargoyle is a poor card in Arena. The tempo that you gain fromdoes not make up for the lost tempo in playing the Gargoyle at below-curve stats in the first place.
- Global Battle.net Rolling Out Today
- No BlizzCon Planned for 2021
- IGN Report on Blizzard Departures and the Company's Future, With Insider Info
- From the Vault: The Overwatch Anniversary 2021 Collection Live on the Blizzard Store
- Enthusiast Gaming Acquires Icy Veins
- Activision Blizzard Q1 2021 Earnings Call
- New Leadership for Overwatch After Jeff Kaplan Leaves Blizzard
- David Kim Leaves Blizzard (WoW Principal Designer and Former Diablo 4 Lead Systems Designer)
- Clown Druid Deck - Forged in the Barrens
- Battlegrounds Hero Tier List
- Hmm.. world first?
- Illidan Stormrage Challenge
- Illidan Stormrage challenge impossible in new season
- Houndmaster Monster Hunter
- Hearthstone Gold Guide
- Classic Midrange Combo Druid Deck