Gilded Gargoyle — Priest Card
Table of Contents
Gilded Gargoyle is a Priest-only minion. This card can be obtained from Kobolds & Catacombs packs. Below the card images, you will find explanations to help you use the card optimally in every game mode of Hearthstone.
1. General Comments
Gilded Gargoyle offers a trade-off between some bad short-term value and the opportunity cost to make most of that value up later in the game. If you simply calculate the numbers on this card, it seems that it is not a good card at all. However, there are some interactions that make it a viable card in Constructed play.
2. Constructed Play
In Constructed play, Gilded Gargoyle is surprisingly decent. Despite its bad stats, the interactions it has with Lyra the Sunshard, Gadgetzan Auctioneer, Shadowreaper Anduin, and Lesser Diamond Spellstone mean that The Coin is more valuable than the actual tempo loss in some variants of Priest. In Highlander Priest in particular, Gilded Gargoyle is a playable card.
Gilded Gargoyle is a poor card in Arena. The tempo that you gain from The Coin does not make up for the lost tempo in playing the Gargoyle at below-curve stats in the first place.
4. Icy Veins Decks that Contain this Card
- Stargazer Luna Revealed from The Boomsday Project
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #20
- The Boomsday Pre-Orders & Minion Type Changes Now Available
- New Hearthstone Expansion Announced: The Boomsday Project [Updated]
- Tavern Talk #2: Past and New Heroes, Balance Frequency, Community Card Art
- Hearthstone Public Gathering Spot Teaser
- Upcoming Minion Type Adjustments
- July 2018 Ranked Play Season: Lightforged Card Back
- Boomsday Project Hub
- Time-Tinker Monster Hunter
- Is the game dying?
- Token Druid
- Even Warrior
- Tracker Monster Hunter
- Big Spell Mage
- Recruit Warrior