Gilded Gargoyle — Priest Card
Table of Contents
Gilded Gargoyle is a Priest-only minion. This card was introduced with Kobolds & Catacombs and can now only be obtained through crafting. Below the card images, you will find explanations to help you use the card optimally in every game mode of Hearthstone.
Gilded Gargoyle offers a trade-off between some bad short-term value and the opportunity cost to make most of that value up later in the game. If you simply calculate the numbers on this card, it seems that it is not a good card at all. However, there are some interactions that make it a viable card in Constructed play.
In Constructed play, Gilded Gargoyle is surprisingly decent. Despite its bad stats, the interactions it has with Lyra the Sunshard, , Shadowreaper Anduin, and Lesser Diamond Spellstone mean that is more valuable than the actual tempo loss in some variants of Priest. In Highlander Priest in particular, Gilded Gargoyle is a playable card.
Gilded Gargoyle is a poor card in Arena. The tempo that you gain fromdoes not make up for the lost tempo in playing the Gargoyle at below-curve stats in the first place.
- Activision Blizzard Has Fired 20 Employees Over Harassment Claims and More
- Blizzard Working on an Unannounced Open-World RPG Shooter
- Global Battle.net Maintenance: October 6th
- Activision Blizzard Reaches Agreement with the EEOC
- In Celebration Of Diablo 2: Resurrected, We're Discounting Our Premium Subscription
- Overwatch 2 Executive Departs from Activision Blizzard
- The SEC Launches Activision Blizzard Investigation
- Launching Log Reviews for WoW PvE & Diablo 3 Character Reviews
- Hearthstone Mercenaries
- Lady Vashj
- Face Hunter
- Basic Mage Deck
- The Lich King
- Handbuff Paladin Deck - United in Stormwind
- Hearthstone Chess
- Illidan Stormrage Challenge