Gilded Gargoyle — Priest Card
Table of Contents
Gilded Gargoyle is a Priest-only minion. This card was introduced with Kobolds & Catacombs and can now only be obtained through crafting. Below the card images, you will find explanations to help you use the card optimally in every game mode of Hearthstone.
Gilded Gargoyle offers a trade-off between some bad short-term value and the opportunity cost to make most of that value up later in the game. If you simply calculate the numbers on this card, it seems that it is not a good card at all. However, there are some interactions that make it a viable card in Constructed play.
In Constructed play, Gilded Gargoyle is surprisingly decent. Despite its bad stats, the interactions it has with Lyra the Sunshard, Gadgetzan Auctioneer, Shadowreaper Anduin, and Lesser Diamond Spellstone mean that The Coin is more valuable than the actual tempo loss in some variants of Priest. In Highlander Priest in particular, Gilded Gargoyle is a playable card.
Gilded Gargoyle is a poor card in Arena. The tempo that you gain from The Coin does not make up for the lost tempo in playing the Gargoyle at below-curve stats in the first place.
- BlizzCon 2023 in Coming on Nov 3-4
- Icy Veins is Getting a New Look
- Activision Blizzard Announces First Quarter 2023 Financial Results
- BlizzCon 2023 Update by Blizzard President Mike Ybarra
- A Misunderstanding May Have Been the Cause of Activision Blizzard Games Not Being Available in China
- End-of-Year Blizzard Update
- US Federal Trade Commission Files Suit to Block Microsoft Acquisition of Activision Blizzard
- Join Us Live on Twitch for the Icy Veins Podcast
- Classic Freeze Mage Deck
- Classic Miracle Rogue Deck
- Skeleton Mage Deck
- Gruul the Dragonkiller Challenge
- Classic Face Hunter Deck