Cheap Shot — Rogue Card
Table of Contents
Cheap Shot is a Rogue-only spell. This card can be obtained from The Witchwood packs. Below the card images, you will find explanations to help you use the card optimally in every game mode of Hearthstone.
1. General Comments
Cheap Shot offers versatility in return for a low base power level. In the early exchanges, it is significantly worse than Eviscerate, but as the game progresses it can do ten points of damage for ten Mana, and can be spread amongst minions as you please.
2. Constructed Play
Most Constructed decks dictate that your cards are good from the start, which means that Cheap Shot is not ideal for Constructed play. It has great synergy with Gadgetzan Auctioneer, but it is difficult to keep an Auctioneer on the board long enough for this effect to be important. Although a good top deck late in the game when behind, it is usually not powerful enough to make up for being weak early on. The competition for such cards in Rogue is very tough, and it is not as good as cards such as Eviscerate and Backstab.
Cheap Shot is a reasonable card in Arena. It is not very good at the start of the game, but can enable many favourable trades in the mid and late game.
4. Icy Veins Decks that Contain this Card
- Stargazer Luna Revealed from The Boomsday Project
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #20
- The Boomsday Pre-Orders & Minion Type Changes Now Available
- New Hearthstone Expansion Announced: The Boomsday Project [Updated]
- Tavern Talk #2: Past and New Heroes, Balance Frequency, Community Card Art
- Hearthstone Public Gathering Spot Teaser
- Upcoming Minion Type Adjustments
- July 2018 Ranked Play Season: Lightforged Card Back
- Boomsday Project Hub
- Time-Tinker Monster Hunter
- Is the game dying?
- Token Druid
- Even Warrior
- Tracker Monster Hunter
- Big Spell Mage
- Recruit Warrior