Drakkari Defender — Shaman Card
Table of Contents
Drakkari Defender is a Shaman-only minion. This card was introduced with Knights of the Frozen Throne and can now only be obtained through crafting. Below the card images, you will find explanations to help you use the card optimally in every game mode of Hearthstone.
Drakkari Defender has incredible stats for a card that can be played for 3 Mana, but an Overload cost of 3 is a very big price to pay. This Overload means that over two turns, 6 Mana is spent on this minion, and so the upside of playing it early needs to be very big to make up for the downside of spending so much Mana. The best use of this card is not to play it on Turn 3, but instead to play it on a later turn alongside a minion that you wish to protect, such as Mana Tide Totem.
In Standard play, Drakkari Defender lacks the synergy to make the most of its downside. If you delay playing it until later, then there will be better minions available, whilst if you play it on curve, it ruins your next turn entirely. In Wild, the card is viable due to the presence of Tunnel Trogg, which helps to mitigate some of the downside of the Overload.
In Arena, Drakkari Defender is a mediocre card. It can be played to protect utility minions, or to defend important minions from trades when setting up lethal. It is weak in the early game however, as the overload is too restrictive when trying to play minions on curve. It should be considered as a 6-drop or higher when drafting.
- Diablo 2 Remaster Unlikely - Code and Assets Were Lost According to Creators
- Diablo 2 Cinematics Upscaled to 4K and 8K
- Hearthstone 15.6.2 Patch Notes
- Celebrate 25 Years of Warcraft
- Tavern Brawl Temporarily Disabled
- Q3 Earnings: Classic Drives Biggest Quarterly Increase to Subscription Plans in History
- Patch 15.6 Issues: Fixes Coming Monday/Tuesday
- Hearthstone 15.6 Update Patch Notes
- Will these builds work for 2.6.7 seasons ?
- Battlegrounds Strategy
- Battlegrounds Special Cards
- Battlegrounds Mechanics
- Hearthstone Battlegrounds
- Battlegrounds Hero Tier List
- Battlegrounds Card Tier List
- No +5 Druid decks yet?