Gemstudded Golem — Warrior Card
Table of Contents
Gemstudded Golem is a Warrior-only minion. This card can be obtained from Kobolds & Catacombs packs. Below the card images, you will find explanations to help you use the card optimally in every game mode of Hearthstone.
1. General Comments
Gemstudded Golem has a prohibitive-looking downside, but on closer inspection the card turns out to be a good one. A 5/9 Taunt is a major roadblock for an opponent to get through, and if they do not have any removal, the Golem will still kill several minions even without the ability to attack. Gemstudded Golem also needs to be rapidly removed by your opponent, as while it is defending you can start to gain Armor ready to be able to attack with it.
2. Constructed Play
Gemstudded Golem has good synergy with several cards in Constructed play. It can be used to great effect in decks that are in no hurry to win. Fire Plume's Heart decks are an example of this. It can also be played in decks that gain regular armor using cards such as Mountainfire Armor and Shield Block.
In Arena, Gemstudded Golem is a reasonable card. If your opponent does not have a strong removal spell for it, they will often have to lose more than one minion to get through the large amount of Taunt provided by the Golem.
4. Icy Veins Decks that Contain this Card
- Magnetic Hearthside Chat Shows Off New Mechanic, Reveals Four New Cards
- The Midsummer Fire Festival Has Returned
- Menacing Nimbus Card Reveal
- Stargazer Luna Revealed from The Boomsday Project
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #20
- The Boomsday Pre-Orders & Minion Type Changes Now Available
- New Hearthstone Expansion Announced: The Boomsday Project [Updated]
- Tavern Talk #2: Past and New Heroes, Balance Frequency, Community Card Art
- Boomsday Project Hub
- Time-Tinker Monster Hunter
- Is the game dying?
- Token Druid
- Even Warrior
- Tracker Monster Hunter
- Big Spell Mage
- Recruit Warrior